Infinity Express

D

dollygal

Hi, this is my first post, so I hope I am doing it okay!
Has anyone had any experience of a company called Infinity Express Construction in Turkey? We have placed a deposit on a property in Kemer near Fethiye in a development called the Country Club. It looks as if it is going to be great, but would be interested to hear of anyone's experiences and possible problems with buying in Turkey.

O

onz22

did you have any luck we have just put a small deposit down for a property in kemar as well just down the road called the olive gardens

M

mathewhydleman

country club Infinity Express

Has anyone had any experience of a company called Infinity Express Construction in Turkey? We have placed a deposit on a property in Kemer near Fethiye in a development called the Country Club. It looks as if it is going to be great, but would be interested to hear of anyone's experiences and possible problems with buying in Turkey.
Hi there. We have bought there too. Went to the site august and it looks amazing . Really excited . Maybe see you there next year?
\it is a bit strange buying in Turkey . Make sure you keep 5-10% OF THE PRICE BACK UNITL THE Tapu is in your hands (maybe six months after you move in)
Good luck. Mathew:)My first post as well!

D

dollygal

did you have any luck we have just put a small deposit down for a property in kemar as well just down the road called the olive gardens
Did you go any further? We have not been able to find anyone else who has bought from Infinity Express and a Turkish lawyer has advised us that a simple contract is not sufficient.

O

onz22

Did you go any further? We have not been able to find anyone else who has bought from Infinity Express and a Turkish lawyer has advised us that a simple contract is not sufficient.
we didnt go any further waiting to get our deposit back they seemed genuine enough did supply me with some contact email buyers who responded ..they tried every thing to keep us we just felt it was a year to early with other commitments that we had ......there web page has been updated now with buyers remarks as well about there experiances will let you know how we get on with our deposit

D

dollygal

apartment in Turkey

Thanks to everyone who replied - it is nice to hear from other people doing the same. We may re-think because of the current economic situation here in England - my husband is getting slightly cold feet! Thanks for the advice about the Tapu - will remember that if we do go ahead. I will check the website for other buyers' comments, I feel that the company is genuine, but it is a bit scary doing something like this for the first time.

M

MGB

Regarding Infinity Express Construction.

I purchased an off plan apartment from Infinity Express a year ago, the project is called Ciftlik Heights, I can only say good things about the company, I have found them extremely helpful in every way,during the construction of the project I visited Fethiye many times,Infinity looked after me very well,they picked me up for meetings, took me to the the site and would listen to my opinions and thoughts on the apartment, during those visits I met other buyers of their other properties/projects and generally, I would say they all had a positive opinion of Infinity,some purchasers I met had bought more than one property from them, they 'dipped their toe in the water' then after their first project went well they bought others, if they did have any problems they were discussed and sorted out by the company, with me they were extremely patient with the demands and changes I made, totally professional at all times,basically they hold your hand through the whole ,'buying a property procedure' of course you go through doubt and wonder if you have done the right thing,everyone does, but two weeks ago I visited my finished apartment, I was so pleased with the quality and finish of fixtures and fittings, of course there are a few snags but you would get that anywhere on any new property, but they are already being addressed, silly little things really, I love the apartment, its location, views,access to airport,town, beach and sights, a very happy experience, one I would recommend and cannot wait to get back to fethiye again.
The after sales department is like having a personal shopper,who drives you around while you choose your fixture and fittings and take all the stress out of looking for furniture, curtains,and general household goods.
The company also arranges transfers, car hire, basic food and drink to be put in your property for your arrival, I have also had help with many other things that have come up along the way, communication is not a problem as there are personel who speak english.

D

dollygal

apartment in Turkey

I purchased an off plan apartment from Infinity Express a year ago, the project is called Ciftlik Heights, I can only say good things about the company, I have found them extremely helpful in every way,during the construction of the project I visited Fethiye many times,Infinity looked after me very well,they picked me up for meetings, took me to the the site and would listen to my opinions and thoughts on the apartment, during those visits I met other buyers of their other properties/projects and generally, I would say they all had a positive opinion of Infinity,some purchasers I met had bought more than one property from them, they 'dipped their toe in the water' then after their first project went well they bought others, if they did have any problems they were discussed and sorted out by the company, with me they were extremely patient with the demands and changes I made, totally professional at all times,basically they hold your hand through the whole ,'buying a property procedure' of course you go through doubt and wonder if you have done the right thing,everyone does, but two weeks ago I visited my finished apartment, I was so pleased with the quality and finish of fixtures and fittings, of course there are a few snags but you would get that anywhere on any new property, but they are already being addressed, silly little things really, I love the apartment, its location, views,access to airport,town, beach and sights, a very happy experience, one I would recommend and cannot wait to get back to fethiye again.
The after sales department is like having a personal shopper,who drives you around while you choose your fixture and fittings and take all the stress out of looking for furniture, curtains,and general household goods.
The company also arranges transfers, car hire, basic food and drink to be put in your property for your arrival, I have also had help with many other things that have come up along the way, communication is not a problem as there are personel who speak english.
Thanks so much for your reply, you are the first person I have heard from who has bought from Infinity. I am pleased to hear that your experience was a positive one. Did you use an independent lawyer for the transaction? I know it is always advised, but their contract seems very straightforward and I wonder if it is necessary. Best to have things checked though I suppose.

M

MGB

re solicitor

I got a list of lawyers from the British Embassy/consulate/high commision website in Turkey and contacted one in Fethiye,but then I decided after talking to other purchasers who had bought from Infinity that I would proceed without one,the cost is approx £500, I feel if a major problem did occur i could still get one, but so far have not needed too, i do not have my Tapu yet as I have still not paid my final instalement, which I will once all the small problems have been rectified

Thanks so much for your reply, you are the first person I have heard from who has bought from Infinity. I am pleased to hear that your experience was a positive one. Did you use an independent lawyer for the transaction? I know it is always advised, but their contract seems very straightforward and I wonder if it is necessary. Best to have things checked though I suppose.

R

Russell

Hello Dolly,
We have also bought a house through Infinity Express. So far we are extremely happy with how helpfull they are. If your property is now built and furnished I would love to hear from you with any top tips. Places to shop and eat locally too. I am back in Turkey for a week from 10

L

Lysos

dollygal, you wouldn't dream of buying a property in UK without engaging an independent lawyer, why do it overseas?. You say the contract seems straightforward. Is your command of the Turkish language good enough to understand legal terms ?. If you are basing your views on the agent's English translation you are asking for trouble. Saving £500 on the say so of a stranger who is rather effusive in his praises of the sales company is foolish. In any case, what's your rush ?. Turkish holiday resorts are awash with unsold properties. It's a buyers market. Go for a resale, not new off-plan. That way you will know what facilities are actually in place rather than just paper promises. Remember, your contract is for your particular property. It does not guarantee the provision of any promised amenities.

D

dollygal

Hello Dolly,
We have also bought a house through Infinity Express. So far we are extremely happy with how helpfull they are. If your property is now built and furnished I would love to hear from you with any top tips. Places to shop and eat locally too. I am back in Turkey for a week from 10
Hi Russell
No, our property won't be finished until the end of May 2009. We are going for our inspection trip in January, so we don't actually know too much about the area yet. Is your house in Kemer? If so, you have probably already been taken to the hilltop restaurant on the way there. Great view! We only had a drink there though so far. We are going for our inspection trip in January and are looking forward to seeing what the area is like in winter, snow capped mountains etc. Infinity certainly seem like a good company, I suppose the main worry is if they went out of business themselves. Well we have paid our first installment now, so hope all goes well! Let me know how you get on.

R

Russell

Evening,
Thanks for replying. Our house is a Country home on a development o just seven, not on the Country Club site. I am also going back for a week next year as well to do all of the furniture, bedding and bathroom fittings, They told me mid February was around the best time. We are on holiday in Jan and then it's my oldest sons birthday on the 14th of Feb and 1/2 term, so I planning to get a flight out Mon 23rd Feb.
We did have a lovely lunch in the hilltop restaurant with Umit who sold us our house. We also had a night out at the fish market in Fethiye. It was a fantastic night out.
We have been having holidays in this area of Turkey for about 18 years and knew of Kemer, as we always went through or past it on our way to Saklikant. We couldn't be happier with our choice of area.
The Country Club looks like it is a wonderful development and we will be popping into use it. The position near the river is great. I have just come back from Torba in the Bodrum area with my friends and all of our children. Although the area is great fun, it doesn't hold a candle to the Mugla area. When you are planning to be there in the summer season use Google and enter a site called Carole and Tayfun, and book any trips before you go. They are so cheap as they also pick you up and transfer you to fethiye .
Bye for now
Regards Russell

D

dollygal

Evening,
Thanks for replying. Our house is a Country home on a development o just seven, not on the Country Club site. I am also going back for a week next year as well to do all of the furniture, bedding and bathroom fittings, They told me mid February was around the best time. We are on holiday in Jan and then it's my oldest sons birthday on the 14th of Feb and 1/2 term, so I planning to get a flight out Mon 23rd Feb.
We did have a lovely lunch in the hilltop restaurant with Umit who sold us our house. We also had a night out at the fish market in Fethiye. It was a fantastic night out.
We have been having holidays in this area of Turkey for about 18 years and knew of Kemer, as we always went through or past it on our way to Saklikant. We couldn't be happier with our choice of area.
The Country Club looks like it is a wonderful development and we will be popping into use it. The position near the river is great. I have just come back from Torba in the Bodrum area with my friends and all of our children. Although the area is great fun, it doesn't hold a candle to the Mugla area. When you are planning to be there in the summer season use Google and enter a site called Carole and Tayfun, and book any trips before you go. They are so cheap as they also pick you up and transfer you to fethiye .
Bye for now
Regards Russell
Thanks for that Russell.

We too have been coming to Turkey for quite a few years, but hadn't actually been to Kemer before, we had always stayed in Hisaronu or Olu Deniz. We were persuaded to visit the area and fell in love with the scenery. We have actually been on a Carole and Tayfun boat trip a couple of years ago which we enjoyed, so will remember your tip.

Thanks

D

dollygal

Update on Country Club

Hi Russell
Just thought I would update you now that we have been on our inspection trip. Had a good time and the weather was mostly sunny, although obviously a lot colder than in September! The snow capped mountains were beautiful. We discovered the fish market in Fethiye and had two lovely meals there. We visited a Turkish lawyer and she did bring up a few points for us to discuss with Infinity, but nothing too serious. However I did feel that Inifinity brushed these points off somewhat. We were a little disappointed with the progress on the development which really hadn't changed much from September. Also Infinity did backtrack a little on the items we could choose for the apartment. They now said that we must have standard bathroom tiles and kitchen cupboards of their choosing, although this is not what we were told by the salesman in September. We did manage to change the bathroom tiles, but at the moment are still stuck with the kitchen cupboards. I think that you have to keep nagging them to get what you want and that once they have your signature they are not quite so eager to please. However on the whole we feel positive and certainly found it very interesting to visit Turkey out of season and see the 'real' country. All the ex-pats we met were fully of praise for the Turkish way of living and said they would never return to the UK. We were also amazed to found out what a high interest rate is payable on savings accounts there.

C

Cazzholly

We too are in the process of purchasing an Infinity Express property at the Country Club development. So far everything is going very well. We went out just before Christmas and were amazed by how much had changed since our last visit in August. We are returning again in April for another furniture planning exercise as our last one was none too successful :(

D

dollygal

Country Club

We too are in the process of purchasing an Infinity Express property at the Country Club development. So far everything is going very well. We went out just before Christmas and were amazed by how much had changed since our last visit in August. We are returning again in April for another furniture planning exercise as our last one was none too successful :(
Hi, nice to hear from someone else buying at the Country Club. Our furniture etc buying went well, but as I said we were told that we could not choose bathroom tiles and kitchen cupboards (is yours an apartment or villa?). However since our return I emailed Laura and Selda who is a director and they have now agreed that we can change the kitchen cupboards (the tiles had already been changed). So it is worth keeping on at them and not necessarily accepting what they tell you is 'set in stone'. Keep us posted on your trip.

C

Cazzholly

Infinity Express - Country Club, Kemer

I'm also pleased to have found someone else who has bought at the Country Club! We met one of the owners of a Country Homes villa whilst having a drink in Kemer back in the summer and he was telling us all about the development and how happy they were with Infinity. This was before we even mentioned we were considering purchasing at the Country Club.

We are buying a villa which we are hoping will be finished by the end of May, though to be on the safe side we haven't booked flights out until the middle of July!

Pleased also to hear that you were able to change the kitchen units to ones of your choice. We were quite happy with the kitchen units choice and bathrooms choice but we decided against using the furniture package offered as the styles weren't to our liking, hence the next trip in April. We are also considering placing an order with Ikea in Izmir who have been extremely helpful.

When are you next planning to go back out to Turkey?

D

dollygal

Country Club

I'm also pleased to have found someone else who has bought at the Country Club! We met one of the owners of a Country Homes villa whilst having a drink in Kemer back in the summer and he was telling us all about the development and how happy they were with Infinity. This was before we even mentioned we were considering purchasing at the Country Club.

We are buying a villa which we are hoping will be finished by the end of May, though to be on the safe side we haven't booked flights out until the middle of July!

Pleased also to hear that you were able to change the kitchen units to ones of your choice. We were quite happy with the kitchen units choice and bathrooms choice but we decided against using the furniture package offered as the styles weren't to our liking, hence the next trip in April. We are also considering placing an order with Ikea in Izmir who have been extremely helpful.

When are you next planning to go back out to Turkey?
Our apartment is due to be finished at the end of May also, but it sounds as if it will be a little later. I don't think the development as a whole will be finished on time certainly. As it happens we can't actually go at the end of May or early June anyway as we are going to USA for a wedding. I think we will probably go August/September unless it is essential that we go before then for signing anything etc. Yes, we heard that there was an IKEA in Izmir, do they deliver?

C

Cazzholly

Our apartment is due to be finished at the end of May also, but it sounds as if it will be a little later. I don't think the development as a whole will be finished on time certainly. As it happens we can't actually go at the end of May or early June anyway as we are going to USA for a wedding. I think we will probably go August/September unless it is essential that we go before then for signing anything etc. Yes, we heard that there was an IKEA in Izmir, do they deliver?
We contacted Ikea in Izmir via the Ikea Turkey website and have been corresponding in English with a very helpful member of staff. They are quite happy to deliver to Kemer, our order is quite large and very heavy and the delivery charge is approx £250 which we thought was very reasonable. There is also a company in Fethiye who will collect and deliver items from Izmir Ikea. They charge 8% surcharge on the store price + delivery. Let me know if you ever want their contact details.