Indian real estate investors sitting on the sidelines

• Thread starter Nicholas Wallwork
  • Start date
Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
The Indian real estate market is still reeling from demonetisation which has effectively smashed the cash market for property transactions. It may not be widely known but cash is more prevalent in Indian real estate transactions than the vast majority of other emerging markets. The withdrawal of the Rs.500 and Rs.1000 bills has taken out

Click to Read The Full Story and Add your Own Comments to Continue reading...

R

realdeals

This makes perfect sense to me, why would buyers rush in when there are a growing number of forced sellers yet to come out of the woodwork. There will likely be significant downside from here as panic begins to set in. The fact that prices are starting to fall would seem to indicate that the long-term intentions of the Indian authorities are well based.

P

PostBrexitInvestor

There appears to be significant domestic and international investment funding earmarked for the Indian property market but not yet invested. In the ongoing confusion it makes sense to sit on the sidelines and watch panic sellers slash their prices.

L

lookinginvest

Confusion and uncertainty are the two main enemies of any investment market. If I was looking to invest in the Indian property market I would certainly bide my time and wait for the "panic selling" to end. I think there will be some bargains to be had if you can get the right timing.