Import tax

M

Muttlys

Please could you send me the import tax list that you have to

Many thanks Andy

Georgina

Georgina

I flew to Jersey on Friday and paid for a Nintendo Wii plus extras (GBP250) to pick up from Duty Free when I return to Gatwick in the morning then fly onto Egypt. Forgot about import tax when I land in Hurghada. Am I going to have to pay around 50% tax on this Wii when I arrive after having purchased it in Duty Free Gatwick. Maybe I should cancel the purchase? Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

C

casslondon

I flew to Jersey on Friday and paid for a Nintendo Wii plus extras (GBP250) to pick up from Duty Free when I return to Gatwick in the morning then fly onto Egypt. Forgot about import tax when I land in Hurghada. Am I going to have to pay around 50% tax on this Wii when I arrive after having purchased it in Duty Free Gatwick. Maybe I should cancel the purchase? Any advice would be appreciated thanks.
Hi,
I did not declare the Wii I took to Sharm.
The fact you purchased duty free should not matter either, I doubt they are too hot on these things at the airport.
If they do ask I would simply plead ignorance.

C

casslondon

Import Duty

Cant do sorry,
I tried but the pdf is way too big.
Go to google Egypt.gov/importduty and you should find it.

queenie40something

queenie40something

saw on fb you got it back home ok georgina - keep em crossed for me tomorrow for sunday flight xx

Georgina

Georgina

saw on fb you got it back home ok georgina - keep em crossed for me tomorrow for sunday flight xx
While I was at Dixons I removed all the boxes and packaging so it wasn't so obvious it was new.

I had four large bags when I arrived at the Easy Jet gate. Because of the chaos and rugby scrum to get onboard, they did not notice all my bags! I should have paid GBP16 to put them in the hold.

I then waited for a big group before I went through customs at Hurghada and had no problems.

Everything crossed for you!!

M

M Butler

While I was at Dixons I removed all the boxes and packaging so it wasn't so obvious it was new.

I had four large bags when I arrived at the Easy Jet gate. Because of the chaos and rugby scrum to get onboard, they did not notice all my bags! I should have paid GBP16 to put them in the hold.

I then waited for a big group before I went through customs at Hurghada and had no problems.

Everything crossed for you!!
Well done Georgina!!!!!

We brought our full size Apple Mac through last year - in a Sainsburys for life bag. We did get stopped by customs because they thought it was a television but as soon as they saw the keyboard they let us though no problem. Not really sure why a television is more important than a computer but there you go....

Margaret