IMF issues warning on Australian property prices

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
On the surface, the International Monetary Fund’s (IMF) warning about a potential “overshoot” in Australian property prices and a suggestion that regulators need to scrutinise property investment finances, is starting to sound like the US mortgage crisis situation of 2008. However, the situation is very different and the IMF actually offers high praise for the [...]

Click to Read The Full Story and Add your Own Comments to IMF issues warning on Australian property prices

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
Time and time again we hear "experts" talking down the Australian real estate market and indeed suggesting that the economy is on the verge of collapse. This has been happening on a regular basis for over 10 years now with particular emphasis upon the country's dependence on natural resources.

Many people forget that the Australian economy was one of the few worldwide economies which did not dip into recession after the 2008 US mortgage crisis. Are we really suggesting that property prices in Australia could fall by as much as 50% in the short to medium term?

I

ipswichgrannyflats

I think everyone is too focused on the Australian real estate market. I think there is no such big deal for everyone to simply get all worked up about it. Eventually every market sees a boom and a depression but still these are not constant. What I think is that we should rather focus more on providing better options to people which does not affect their pockets and is able to provide them what they are looking for.

J

jeromanomic

The Australian property market is an interesting one. Tough to get in, but profitable once you are in :)

K

kwikemarket06

Now days, Canada Real Estate become very popular and gives many profits on sale old property.