I'm purchasing a property in Hurghada and need to get my contract checked out

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mary Catherine Lea

Can anyone give me some advice about having my contract to purchase an apartment in Hurghada checked out by a solicitor in this country. If someone has used a lawyer in Hurghada, who can be trusted, can they recommend them to me. I'm a little nervous about being ripped off and need some help and advice.:confused:

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Mary - I am buying in Sharm and my lawyer is Zeaid who is a member of this forum. You may find this thread useful http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/6847-legal-procedures-purchase-property-egypt.html

Zeiad will check your contract for you and he will give you a discount if you are a member of the TP forum ( off the top of my head I think his normal charge is £150 but for members he charges just £100 ).
He is a very knowlegable and trustworthy lawyer who I have given POA to. He is currently representing over 25 Brits that have bought on the same complex as me as well as a lot of others in Sharm and forum members here.
Feel free to post in the Egypt threads espec the legal one. I dont know if you have visited the Egyptian form but there are lots buying and moving to egypt especially Hurgh. We have an intros thread where you can introduce yourself and read about others. We have a great bunch off friendly and informative members in the Egypt section and look forward to hearing more about you and your purchase.
I believe Zeaids has a partner that is based in London which makes it easier as well. Zeiad answers his emails very quickly and his English is excellent.

Regards

Alison

P

pompeysteve

help i'm wanting to buy in eygpt is renting out easy is there a company that will rent for you at a % i'm looking for an long term investment is this the right move

Steve

L

Lysos

Steve,

I think you need to do a LOT more research before you consider buying anywhere. Without knowing your personal circumstances no-one could possibly hazard a guess as to whether this is the right move for you. Before you do anything watch ITV 1 tomorrow evening at 8: "Holiday homes, the hard sell".

Status
Not open for further replies.