ad

If you had £1 million to invest today, what would you do?

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
If you had £1 million to invest today, what would you do? Would you invest? Where would you invest? What type of property?

D

diyhelp

Buy to let properties in the UK - the UK population will keep growing and growing and demand for private rental accommodation will follow. I would also put a bit into HMOs with double digit rental yields.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
If you try to strip away the emotional headlines about Brexit, I totally agree with you @diyhelp

The UK population will continue to grow no matter what happens with Brexit. This will feed the private rental market for many many years to come.

P

PostBrexitInvestor

I would also be inclined to buy British property - fill your boots full of private rental properties. Word has it that the forthcoming Italian budget issue will put Brexit in the shade. It really is that serious!

I suspect that the EU project is starting to unravel. This could get very very messy!

R

realdeals

Has anyone ever invested in property collective investments like open ended investment trusts or unit trusts? Collective property funds might offer better diversity although you will pay management charges.

N

nmb

I would look at the UK and USA for my property investments in the future - whether or not the UK actually leaves the EU I think the EU project is holed below the waterline and destined to failure. In the USA Donald Trump has shaken up politics like nobody else and shown that governments do indeed work for the people, not the other way around. The UK will sign new trade deals across the globe and be in cotnrol of its own destiny.