I want to invest in property, where is best

Status
Not open for further replies.

1cyprusproperty

Great Places to invest.

Cyprus is a great place to invest for the next ten years. There are many reasons for this. Firstly it has been voted by the Times and the Independent newspapers in the UK as being the number one place in the world for retirement by expats, for many reasons, like incredibly low taxes on pensions, property, and buying costs and much more.

Secondly with some of the finest developments occuring in the world here today, buying property on or near them will provide excellent returns indeed. One good example is the new Gary Player/Jack Niclaus twin signature PGA golf courses in Polis Limni that end right on the beach. The course were specifuically designed to provide unsurpassed views over the Med in every direction. This is the only joint project in the whole of Europe.

Property developments in this region are very small as it is the most heavily protected area in Cyprus ( a unesco region ) there are a few properties right near the course which will provide truly great investment opportunities and this area will never be overdeveloped.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Anthony V

Investing in the US is still a very good option. It is very easy to setup a "local" business there (without actually being there) and make some good money. You can easily make 18% PA without even having the hassles of actually owning any properties, however if you want to own the property you can make some great returns.

D

DaveSmith

Learn as much as you can about an area and find a really good agent that can help you find the best deals. Good agents are in touch with the area and know what are growth areas and where you should stay away from.

K

KayJay

I think the US is the sanest option at the moment, especially as a buy to let option. Then you needn't worry to much about when the US will recover, just keep taking the rental money and watch your property value double and then double again...
That makes sense - as long as your tenants can/want to keep paying the rent, of course! :wink:

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
As Ownbrix is actually selling some sort of glorified timeshare it looks like a risky business to me.:)

S

Steve Hand

Ownbrix, would i be right in thinking you are talking about a fractional ownership scheme?

A

Albert510

There is no need to go outside.The laws of the foreign countries are so complicated that you may get struck....
I advice to find out the best emerging place near by your town,in your Town or in some other town...

L

LisaLoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnBrix Property View Post
I think the US is the sanest option at the moment, especially as a buy to let option. Then you needn't worry to much about when the US will recover, just keep taking the rental money and watch your property value double and then double again...
That makes sense - as long as your tenants can/want to keep paying the rent, of course!

That makes sense - as long as your tenants can/want to keep paying the rent, of course! :wink:
I second this, the US will recover and value will boost. Just a matter of time!

T

TKline

I got this feeling that our Market the Australian Market will be cool in the next few months...

cheers,

joe
More and more Australians are considering investing in the USA. The Australian property market is very overvalued and overpriced, whereas the strong Aussie dollar makes US property seem very affordable and offers better rental return going forward too. See below for details.....

<snip>
It's little surprise Australians are buying real estate overseas. American, UK, Ireland, Spain - houses have fallen back to reasonable levels while Australia is still in the midst of the greatest property bubble ever known!

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Austrianretreats

In answer to the thread starter, I think recent events in Japan, Middle east etc have highlighted the need to seriously consider political stability when looking at buying property.

Whilst central Europe may not have the exciting speculative factor of some higher risk areas, there still exists some great opportunities for stable long term investments.

S

Spock

Investing in the US is still a very good option. It is very easy to setup a "local" business there (without actually being there) and make some good money. You can easily make 18% PA without even having the hassles of actually owning any properties, however if you want to own the property you can make some great returns.
18% without owning property? please expand.

D

dr_property

YazeedSaliba said:
I am a property investor and I want to invest in Dubai but I am confused in this topic. Because of property rates are falling down day by day so please suggest me as soon as possible where i should buy my next property?
Hi,

It depends where you buy as the downward trend is not across the board. What's your investment budget?

Cheers

P

propertypalmjumeirah

i would put my money in Dubai on the shoreline apartments. They are cheap now but the prices are starting to pick up. At the moment they are going to upgrade the beach and clubhouses therefore the price will increase.

Dubai is CHEAP now!

P

propertypalmjumeirah

I wouldnt put my money in USA. The country is bankrupt. You'd better take out your money from the bank and out it in TAX free dubai

K

KayJay

On the other hand, you might want to check out all the people who are complaining about having been ripped off in "tax-free Dubai" before you invest there....... :eek:

M

mariaambugnao

Banned
Try looking for a property in the Philippines! There are a lot!

N

nantucketwalk

Dear sir if you want to invest in Dubai than I think you invest in Middle East, Dubai is one of the seven emirates that make up the United Arab Emirates (UAE). It is also the name of the main city within the emirate of Dubai and Dear providing to you solution of your problem I saw top 10 best places overseas to invest than I saw that if you want to do invest in Brazil . The Brazilian property market has got a lot going for it. The country is attracting a lot of inward investment, has one of the world’s fastest growing economies, a rapidly emerging mortgage market, a general shortage of quality homes and Property investors from around the world are flocking to Brazilian shores with a view to snapping up real estate, in anticipation of future capital growth.

Thanks & Regards
Ken Mars

CSQTownPlanner

CSQTownPlanner

Both Melbourne and Perth have moved above the more traditional high growth cities of Sydney, Canberra and Brisbane in the last two years. Areas within the 20km radius of the capital city centre are still proving profitable in the long term. Within those cities, certain areas are better than others. Then there are places outside the capital cities, like the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast in Queensland that have been proven in the past and will continue to do so.

C

Cassandra007

At the moment I only feel confident buying in London and there are deals if your in touch with the right people. I know most of the new homes property consultants in the uk and it's where I get my deals from major new home developers.

R

RyanTucker

The US market will be bounding with foreclosures this year, which means a great opportunity for investors.

In Memphis you could do something with this scenario:

Purchase Price: $14,500
Renovation Price: $22,000
Rent Rate: $700

Use a property management team and in four years, the property has paid for itself and the rest is profit. Rental demand in Memphis is high - as it is in other areas of the US.

The key is to buy a property where there will be a high demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.