I Love to move to Thailand

D

darren

I am currently living and working the UK. I traveled to Thailand after graduating from University and I am planning to return in August this year. I loved the people and the culture and can't wait to return.

The more I think about my holiday, the more I start to consider the possibility of moving to Thailand to live and work for 6 to 12 months. I find the idea if doing so really exciting but also quite scary. I am not naive and I realize that it won't all be great fun and gorgeous beaches. At the same time I am a bit bored of my routine 9 to 5 job in the in the UK and feel like I need to do something different.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom? For those of you that have moved out there, what made you make the move? How did you feel when you got there? Is it that hard to find work and accommodation out there?

Thanks
darren

S

Samuinick

Do it Darren. I came out here three and a half years ago for a friends wedding and never went home. Its a big world out there and once you have stepped out of your everyday routine in the UK you realsise theres more to life.

Good luck

M

massagelondon

kurs masaz tajski warszawa
holiday home rent Bangkok vacation house rental accommodation Thailand

the best and easiest way of relocating is finding a post in an international company recruiting for work in thailand.

they will arrange for you an accommodation (often as a perk),sometimes a car. You will have as well bonus for working abroad. With wages well over the local market you will enjoy your life much more than in the UK on a similar post.

Depending on your expertise you might just come here and do the job over the phone and computer. Advantage would be no taxes to be payed as thailand is laxed on small enterprise taxing - you won't even need to register a company.

as to visa regulations probably the best way round this is getting a student visa - for example learning thai. Hourly requirements are low and schools are cheap.

I have to rent out my brand new holiday 3 bedroom teak wood home in Bangkok Taling Chan district.

It's by Thanon Wongwan Rob Nok and by the Klong Bang Tal - 5 minutes drive to South Bus Terminal (towards Kanchanaburi, Cha Am, Hua Hin, Phuket, Krabi and Malaysia) on Thonburi & 15 minutes to Chao Phraya River, Khaosan Rd, the Old King's Palace & the Wat Pho. There is also a frequent bus to Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Pictures on request.

check it out on google maps:

lat=13.79381307 latitude

lon=100.408499781 longitude

Around are traditional houses with orchards, gardens, peace and clean air.

Suit family with children and animals as the place is safe and has a terrace under the elevated on stilts house.

Goes cheap, even short let - as I can't go on holidays to Bangkok as often as I use to go. At the moment stays there my daughter with her children, but she can move to my sister in law house just the next door.

A much better option of staying in Bangkok than the town centre, with it's noise, pollution, traffic jams and crowds of tourists. In a Taling Chan home-stay you will immerse yourself in a traditional lifestyle and learn a little bit about Thai culture and customs. Walks through the fruit orchards and flower groves make a very challenging experience.

You can feel here like living in the traditional thai willage - yet 5 minutes walk is 7/11 shop, cash machine and a daily street market. A short ride there is a famous traditional thai floating market in Taling Chan by the Chakphra Canal.

There are several nice homestays in that area - old thai teak wood houses on stilts just overlooking slowly moving canals. You are in the middle of verdant and vast, lush gardens.

There is nothing comparable to it in the whole of Thailand - a dream student home stay or a holiday accommodation. https://sites.google.com/site/masaztajskiwarszawakurs/wynajem-dom-urlopowy-bangkok

Healing Hands is a massage service, providing you with massage in the comfort and privacy of
your own home or office.

We are qualified, experienced and fully insured providing Swedish, Therapeutic, Corporate (Chair),
Indian Head & Shoulder, Traditional Thai Massage, Chinese Tui Na Massage, Hawaiian Pulsing-Rocking Massage, Lomi Lomi Massage, Manual Lymph Drainage, Bowen Technique and CranioSacral Therapy at the very competitive price of just £35.00 per hour.

If you wish we shall come to you thereby insuring you are not stressed by travel. We do not
charge extra for local appointments (10 – 15 minutes).

Special reduced price is available to new clients.

Call now for a convenient appointment.
http://massagelondon.org

kurs masaz tajski warszawa http://massagethai.info

Last edited:
M

Mikeyv

tahiland land issues

Hey,

I think there is some kind of issues with a foreigner owning real estate in thailand which is the only thing that puts me off.

As i believe you have to set up a limited company and be a minority share holder where then they sign over a agreement assuming all powers to yourself the owner.

(off putting to me)!!!

But i am sure thailand is beautiful and is a hot place to go

E

egeefay

Hey,

I think there is some kind of issues with a foreigner owning real estate in Thailand which is the only thing that puts me off.

As i believe you have to set up a limited company and be a minority share holder where then they sign over a agreement assuming all powers to yourself the owner.

(off putting to me)!!!

But i am sure Thailand is beautiful and is a hot place to go
The Limited Company route use to be a way of sidestepping Thailand's restrictions on foreigners owning land in Thailand. No more.
Recent rulings have made that "method" a thing of the past.
Now foreigners are advised:
1. to stick to condos (which they are allowed to own free and clear under certain restrictions)
2. to lease property for 30 years if you must build a house.

Of course, any foreigners married to Thai citizens can buy land as long as it is in the name of the citizen only....not always a desirable way to go.

Despite Thai's restrictive policy, foreigners just can't seem to get enough of the country and keep coming in droves.

Even the latest round of visa tightening rules haven't seemed to dampen the mass migration of foreigners to Thailand.

A while back I was predicting that foreigners would be passing up Thailand and opting for places like Malaysia where there are few restrictions on land ownership. Apparently I was wrong. The lure of Thailand seems to be magnetic.
Could be something to do with the Thai Buddhist background and the "Mai Ben Rai" attitude of the people.
Whatever the reason, Foreigners who come to Thailand seem resigned to jumping through all the hoops the government makes them go through just to stay in the country.