Hurghada taxi fares

N

Nasiya

Thats a amazingly high amount, when I was there in March and April, it was 35 LE max from the airport, thats around £4.30 sterling. Even if you pay 50 LE to the Three Corners Resort, its more than a reasonable amount!

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi - I know we are across the water and Sharm is dearer but I have found a taxi company from airport to my apartment - 10/ 15 drive away for 25le. When I first visited Sharm we paid a fortune. You get to know what you should pay. The minibus runs right outside the airport and is great if we just have hand luggage as can jump on for next to nothing. ( should be 2le each ) They are cheeky though and Xmas when going back to airport they wanted to charge us silly money we said no and would give him government fixed rate and boy did he drive slooowww hoping we would tell him to hurry as we would miss our flight - as it happened got there and flight was cancelled and had 27 hour delay anyway lol!

W

wellheld

Taxi fares

I picked up a flyer in PJ's today for a taxi service, with printed fares on it.
Hamada tourist Services
Transfers (per car)
Airport HRG arrival 50le dep 40le
El Gouna 50le one way
Sahl Hasheesh 40le one way
sharm el Naga 100le one way (the most AMAZING snorkelling ever, entrance to beach 80le, or 40 for residents, need passport to prove it, worth EVERY piastre, take your own snorkel stuff, (I bought from Dive Stop,nr PJ's, fixed prices and proper stuff, not tat,no hard sell)
City tour 50le per hour, max 4 persons
So it seems his prices are approx 50le per hour driving, the one ways include his return driving time to Hurghada
He has more stuff listed, snorkel boat trip 130 etc but this is a guide to the correct prices.
Tel 0122554107
I don't know him but I assume Glenn and Lyndsay at PJ's do, and that's why the flyer is there.
Shame there's no e-mail
Hope this helps. Helen

Last edited:
T

thompsonsom

Hope its better than the boneshaker taxi we got from the airport in April, had no doorhandles so a quick exit would have been out of the question. We scrap better cars than some egyptians drive around. We saw a taxi driving through downtown with no bonnet, no windows or anything, guess they don't have MOT's.

Saw a lorry in Sekalla who's tyres were beyond threadbare as you could see the wire sticking out from within the tyre. Makes you wonder how he would stop in an emergency.

S

scubadoo

I picked up a flyer in PJ's today for a taxi service, with printed fares on it.
Hamada tourist Services
Transfers (per car)
Airport HRG arrival 50le dep 40le
El Gouna 50le one way
Sahl Hasheesh 40le one way
sharm el Naga 100le one way (the most AMAZING snorkelling ever, entrance to beach 80le, or 40 for residents, need passport to prove it, worth EVERY piastre, take your own snorkel stuff, (I bought from Dive Stop,nr PJ's, fixed prices and proper stuff, not tat,no hard sell)
City tour 50le per hour, max 4 persons
So it seems his prices are approx 50le per hour driving, the one ways include his return driving time to Hurghada
He has more stuff listed, snorkel boat trip 130 etc but this is a guide to the correct prices.
Tel 0122554107
I don't know him but I assume Glenn and Lyndsay at PJ's do, and that's why the flyer is there.
Shame there's no e-mail
Hope this helps. Helen
Hi can you tell me what PJ's is please? Do you know anyone who has used this taxi service?

many thanks

T

thompsonsom

Hi

PJ's is a irish bar at the top of sekalla, sheritan street and is run by a lovely couple. They have a very good local singer on, i think on a thursday night and run pub quiz's. Its near the Roma disco.
Hope this helps

K

kila88

taxi fair Hurghada to sharm el sheikh

I am planning on going to Hurghada in june and would like to know roughly how much a taxi from hurghada to sharm el sheikh would be for some guide. thanks

A Rab

A Rab

Hi Kila, maybe you should be looking at ferry prices or perhaps flying to Sharm. google the ferry. regards A

M

mivvi-69

Hamada is vert honest respectful and reliable, I use him when visiting.

S

shilly

Hi can you tell me what PJ's is please? Do you know anyone who has used this taxi service?

many thanks
Hamada has a website which is under hamada tourist services I have not got his flyer with me for the proper name but google him and he is there.:hello:

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
The distance by road is too far. It's exhausting.
A taxi driver charges for returning his car back.

Take the ferry or airplane. The taxi from Sharm airport to Three Corners is still less than 50le .
Get in, say where, then pay at the hotel.... Do not discuss fairs. Have it ready and give it to the driver on exiting.

Alan.

J

jojo2005

i am coming over to hurghada 26th feb and ill be staying at the marriott..

roughly how much should i pay to that area?? im quite a haggling type and im quite prepared to walk away if i sense they are ripping me off..

also wheres a good place to get a beer outside the hotel.. based on price and atmosphere.

if anyone knows sharm el sheikh and they like beer ,, the camel bar was a great place to go .. ther one with all the peanutshells on the floor...

i am going to see my rubble ive bought at coral sea pearl.. and to see a finished apartment at desert pearl..

Great to see humour alive and well. I tend to pay 10le just about anywhere and usually pay 40 from the airport to Three Corners area

D

danny

When we land at Hurghada we go around to departures and get a taxi that is offloading people going back home. The taxi drivers are usually happy for a bonus fare and usually give 20le from the Airport to Arabia which usually shows on the meter as about 10le.