Hsbc

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

johnwayne

Banned
hi - I am hoping to open an acount at the HSBC but I am sure someone said you had to have a minimum of £500 to start - is this right - and what if you fall below this figure after wards? thanks for any advice.

El Gouna Property

El Gouna Property

Banned
hi - I am hoping to open an acount at the HSBC but I am sure someone said you had to have a minimum of £500 to start - is this right - and what if you fall below this figure after wards? thanks for any advice.
If you are in Egypt you can call 19007 to as or you can visit HSBC website and ask I guess

D

danny

To start with you will need approx £500 or 5000le, once you have opened up the account you can mix and match your money between accounts and will not be charged if your total amount matches or exceeds this amount.

You could have £300 in your sterling account and 2500le in your Egyptian account and you will not attract charges however, should you fall below this amount, you will be charged 30le per month.

It is better to take more with you to open the initial account as these figures may be subject to change.

I have an LE account, a sterling account and a dollar account which makes transferring monies from abroad easier.

The last time I checked my LE account paid the best interest (approx 6%),the sterling and dollar account pay nominal interest (approx0.5%).

D

danny

I would try to open your account the minute you land to give enough time to recieve your cash card, at a push this will take 4 days if you impress upon them the urgency of your needs.

Also apply for internet banking immediately so that you can access your account from the UK.

When your internet banking has been authorised you need to go back to the branch and activate it in order to arrange transfers to and from your accounts.

J

johnwayne

Banned
thanks everyone.

Danny - do you have an hsbc in the uk then transfer money for free to egypt? or do you deposit when in egypt? thanks for all the info on this!!!

D

danny

thanks everyone.

Danny - do you have an hsbc in the uk then transfer money for free to egypt? or do you deposit when in egypt? thanks for all the info on this!!!
If I transfer from my halifax account it costs £9.50, I would imagine even a transfer from HSBC UK to HSBC Egypt will still attract a fee as it is an international transaction.

Best to take money with you each time you go out.

J

johnwayne

Banned
thanks danny - nat west were charging approx £23-£25!!!!

R

rumbaba

Open a Citibank account.

Transfers from Citibank UK to CItibank Egypt is free!!! You get internet access to the account so that you can control it from the UK too. :shakehands:

T

thelfamily

Open a Citibank account.

Transfers from Citibank UK to CItibank Egypt is free!!! You get internet access to the account so that you can control it from the UK too. :shakehands:
fo -

thanks for that and please is there a citibank in Hurghada? thanking you

R

rumbaba

fo -

thanks for that and please is there a citibank in Hurghada? thanking you
Citibank is only found in Cairo and Alexandria. But once you have opened an account with them you can still make the makadi payments online.

With transfers free from Citibank UK to Citibank Egypt it then only costs about 80 pence to make a payment from Citibank Egypt to HSBC Egypt to pay for the apartment installments.

El Gouna Property

El Gouna Property

Banned
Citibank is only found in Cairo and Alexandria. But once you have opened an account with them you can still make the makadi payments online.

With transfers free from Citibank UK to Citibank Egypt it then only costs about 80 pence to make a payment from Citibank Egypt to HSBC Egypt to pay for the apartment installments.
HSBC have online banking so what is the point of creating bank account in other bank while this bank available in UK and Egypt???

S

SHARM-SERVICES

Transfers from HSBC UK to HSBC Egypt are not free, although I am unsure of the charges.

Also, last time I checked in HSBC they told me that going below the minimum amount in the account charges 50 LE per month.

But, as someone else mentioned, HSBC have online banking, so if you need to handle any charges in Egypt it can be done online, and it make things much easier to accept rents or pay instalments on property etc.

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Transfers from HSBC UK to HSBC Egypt are not free, although I am unsure of the charges.

Also, last time I checked in HSBC they told me that going below the minimum amount in the account charges 50 LE per month.

But, as someone else mentioned, HSBC have online banking, so if you need to handle any charges in Egypt it can be done online, and it make things much easier to accept rents or pay instalments on property etc.
They charge £17 per transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.