ad

How will UK base rates move in the short term?

D

diyhelp

In simple terms UK base rates dictate mortgage rates and with a no deal Brexit on the cards, what will happen to UK base rates in the short term? At this moment in time there is speculation that UK rates could move lower in the event of a no deal Brexit to at least offset part of the economic impact. This should help to keep mortgage rates low in the short term.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
There is talk they could move lower - surely that would only be a short term move?

F

FWL

With Brexit looming I can only see further downside in the short term - although inflation is becoming a concern.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
If we take a look back over the last 3 years since the Brexit vote you will see the Bank of England has made some wild and inaccurate comments. Go with your gut feeling.

L

lookinginvest

If I was a gambling man, I would suggest UK base rates could go lower before they move higher in the end.

P

PostBrexitInvestor

A Bloombert report today suggests that the UK MIGHT dip into recession on the back of a no deal Brexit, inflatin COULD rise and base rates MIGHT fall. Not really a committment to any outcome lol