How will the US real estate market perform in 2020?

• Thread starter Longterminvestor
  • Start date
L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
There is much concern and confusion over the actions of Donald Trump and his impending impeachment. How will this impact the US real estate market?

M

markmyrick880

Well then, the US housing market continues to heat up in the second half of 2020. It is well past the recovery phase and is now booming with higher home sales compared to the pre-pandemic period.

D

diyhelp

As with countries such as the UK, it looks to me as if the US property market is also benefiting from low finance rates. While we have been saying this since the 2008/9 collapse, once interest rates return to anywhere near their historic levels we can only imagine the number of people who will struggle to maintain their mortgage payments. However, in the minds of many politicians, this is tomorrow's problem.

This short-term outlook is actually the main problem.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
The main problem for all major property markets is the fact that artificially low interest rates continue to feed the market with cheap finance.

L

lookinginvest

Hi @markmyrick880

Is the US real estate market really booming? Even though US unemployment rates have come down in the short-term, whether this will last or not is anybody's guess, they are still painfully high. While it is safe to say the UK property market is much stronger than many had expected, do you expect the US recovery to continue?

S

ScotJohns

We don’t know. The US economy has been mired in sluggish growth for several years. Much depends on how the Federal Reserve responds to an increasingly dire outlook for unemployment. Unemployment is an essential political football. As always, there is ample room for broad market changes in response to market news. One thing is sure: as prices rise, demand for homes will correspondingly increase, so there should be no shortage of options when buying your first home. I already did it by buying a house in Costa Rica. I am delighted with my new place and the decision I made.

Last edited:
mjrealestate

mjrealestate

Real estate companies are growing day by day. In the USA, finding the Best real estate companies is very easy now.

Z

zivakrealtygroup

Real estate market is performing well in 2020 and beyond. If you are new to invest in real estate market, its better to consult a professional real estate market agency in USA.