How to sell Spanish real estate fast

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
How are things now for those looking to sell property in Spain as quickly as possible? I presume the markets are not as fluid as they have been?

G

greg

Pricing property as low as possible. The lower the price, the faster the sale. Then again it depends a bit where...

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Greg

Which areas of Spain would you recommend at the moment?

Regards,

Mark

A

alexTenerife

How are things now for those looking to sell property in Spain as quickly as possible? I presume the markets are not as fluid as they have been?
Everybody is looking for bargains and this is all they are interested in.

If you have a ridiculous low price you will be able to sell fast, if you are keeping the market price you are looking at months. :(

R

RPotticary

In the current market, where in most places there is no shortage of supply, price is key.

Sellers of apartments in complexes should start by Googling "buy apartment in [name of complex]". Their apartment at the very least should be the same price or lower than similar apartments in the results of this search. However, bear in mind that many of the results displayed will be over-priced apartments that may have been on the market for years, so a further discount will probably be necessary.

The "best apartment on the complex" will always have a chance of selling at an inflated price, because there is always that buyer looking only at penthouses etc. However many owners mistakenly believe that their apartment is "the best on the complex" when the reality is that it clearly is not.

Seller's need to objectively put themselves into the buyers shoes and ask "what would I pay for that apartment".

Another consideration is whether to rent out the apartment in the meantime to at least get some income. In my experience rented apartments are less accessible, less presentable and hence less saleable. If you want to sell, especially now that the market is moving again, keep it unoccupied if at all possible.

K

KDFields

In Mallorca I think property owners have often over invested in their properties and have amassed do much debt that they are obliged to bump up their asking price way beyond what would be a reasonable price for the property. They desperately need to sell at a high price to get their investment back. Desperate and stubborn.