How to handle taxes in USA when investing from UK?

Discussion in 'North America Real Estate' started by Catherine Underwood, Feb 11, 2019 at 6:24 PM.

  1. Catherine Underwood

    Catherine Underwood New Member

    I live in the UK, but I am hoping to purchase property in California to rent out as Air BNB. What's a good place to look for tax advice? I want to pay all taxes that are legally due, so I would need advice on how to pay taxes in USA.

    I also know that governments often have incentives to allow one to legally minimise tax, so I would like advice on this too.

    I've tried contacting various tax specialists in the area where I am planning to purchase property but none of them deal with international customers. Any ideas?

    Please note: I want to 100% pay all tax that is legally due, so I don't want any schemes that avoid this or involve breaking the law.
  2. lookinginvest

    lookinginvest Member

    I have done some investigating at it seems quite complicated for different income/profits. I think you would pay tax in the UK as there is an offset arrangement between the UK and US. However, take professional advice to see exactly where you stand.

Share This Page