ad

How to attract overseas investors

A

Andy Coghlan

I'm a startup business looking to build up a rental portfolio, with expertise in buying and renting residential property. We offer investors 10% interest pa guaranteed. As this is a startup banks will not lend, and advertising in the UK is regulation nightmare (-is it a financial product/service, are deposits being taken, are you a broker, is it a fund? etc.)
I'm therefore wanting to incorporate and advertise abroad. I have found excellent countries to incorporate in, and now need to advertise/distribute. Does anyone know a good places/ways to do this?

R

realdeals

Surely you will still need to be registered in the UK to offer investments to those living in the UK? I have seen many of these schemes before but would welcome an explanation as to how you can offer 10% interest per annum guaranteed.

A

Andy Coghlan

Thank you for your interest. As written above the investors will come from overseas.

D

diyhelp

So you are selling UK property to foreign investors? Surely the fact that you are operating in the UK, or at least in the UK property market, means you will need some form of UK regulatory clearance?

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
More people from overseas buying up UK property, pushing up prices and making it impossible for young couples to get on the property ladder. :(

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
Overseas investors are also benefiting from weak sterling which makes prices even cheaper when converted into for example dollars and euros. If I was in their shoes, I would probably make use of this opportunity!