ad

How successful was your first property investment?

N

nmb

The worldwide property market has changed dramatically over the years with new trends emerging on a regular basis. It would be interesting to hear how successful you were with your first property investment and your initial thoughts after the event.

J

Judith Beilby

Premium Member
I only invest in the UK so am interested to hear what new trends you consider to be emerging at the moment?
Do you invest in another part of the world? HMO's are the latest high yielding property strategy but they have been around for many years now.

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
I only invest in the UK so am interested to hear what new trends you consider to be emerging at the moment?
Do you invest in another part of the world? HMO's are the latest high yielding property strategy but they have been around for many years now.
When you say many years you're right but so was gold before people started mining it ;)

Professional HMO's (other than student HMOs which have been mainstream for longer) have only really been "mainstream" in the UK for a few years. Usually only the more experienced investors have done them but now it's becoming more common place.

Rent to rent strategies have been emerging (into the mainstream) for the last few years as have lease options and other creative purchasing / controlling strategies.

Not many emerging countries out there at the moment with the global markets the way they are...

S

sergerybrin

It was really good investment.. I invest last year on real estate business.I got a lots of advices before starting.I learnt a lot about how to start a business , read real estate strategies, then i started my investment....

D

dinosaur

HMO`S more profit but way more grief
parking /noise/mess/non payment /squabbling over trivial things
neighbours complaining to the council.

if you fancy learning what a school teacher feels like in an inner city school have a HMO.

K

Kourosh Panahi

It was better than average speculation.. I contribute a year ago on (Moderated) business. I got a loads of advices before beginning. I learnt a considerable measure about how to begin a business, read land methodologies for more benefit.

Last edited by a moderator: