How should I structure my company finances.

J

Jermaine Craig

Hey all,

I've set up a new company which I'll be using to purchase buy-to-let properties.

What is the best / most tax-effective way to introduce the companies' start up capital via my personal capital?

Director Loan, introduced share capital, any other ways?

Thanks.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
Personally I would go for a limited company and introduce capital via a formal loan. However, it is worth speaking with your accountant to see the most tax efficient way of doing this.

R

realdeals

There are certainly numerous benefits regarding buying property within a company. One of the main ones is being able to offset mortgage interest against your income. Those who have acquired buy to let properties in their own name will be well aware that the UK government is phasing out this tax benefit for individuals.

D

diyhelp

One bit of advice, where possible always keep your personal wealth separate from your company wealth. If your business is a limited company then, unless you have given personal guarantees, your personal wealth and assets will be safe. Even if things look well now, never over expose yourself financially.

A

adam luke

i would recommend you to use an easy to use project management software which can help you out managing everything. There is one i knew is called (moderated)

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
HI @adam luke

You sound like an experienced hand in this - have you been investing in real estate for long?

R

Ryan Lin4511

Hey all,

I've set up a new company which I'll be using to purchase buy-to-let properties.

What is the best / most tax-effective way to introduce the companies' start up capital via my personal capital?

Director Loan, introduced share capital, any other ways?

Thanks.
Approaching for loan could be one finest idea to cling on!

P

PostBrexitInvestor

If you introduce capital as a loan then you can do it as a secured creditor I think - check this out.

L

Lloyd James International

I put all my expenses and invoices etc into a Dropbox and my accountant uploads them with correct language/order etc into Quickbooks. Saves so much time and can update Dropbox from my phone when I finish a meeting or hotel stay etc. Handy tip!