ad

How quickly can I build a property portfolio by reinvesting rental income?

R

realdeals

For investors with limited funds to start with, how quickly is it possible to build up a property portfolio by simply reinvesting rental income? I suppose it depends upon the ratio of cash to borrowings on the initial property. I would be very interested to hear from those who have built up a substantial property portfolio from relatively humble beginnings.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
If you are in a rush to build up a long-term property portfolio you could very easily make wrong decisions. Slow down, write yourself a plan for the future and stick to this or adapt as the economic/investment environment changes. Do not be in a rush!

P

PostBrexitInvestor

There are short-cuts to everything but these very often increase the potential risk. Building a long-term property portfolio should be a steady process not one which is rushed.

A

aurelie

You can always start by buying-renovating-reselling quickly in order to get started. Just keep the most interesting properties on the way and you're done in 5 years. ;)
Well, if the bubble does not drop. For this scenario, keep your money, buy some popcorn and just wait until Brexit. Flats will be a lot cheaper next year. :D

L

lookinginvest

The flash crash in sterling has reminded many people that Brexit has not even started yet. However, it is uncertain as to what impact it will actually have on UK property prices.