How property management companies work ?

K

khaledbedda

I bought apartment in Berlin in 2016.

Net rent EURO 350 after management fees and everything.

In 2016, I received (12 payments each equal to EURO 350).

In 2017, I received (12 payment each equal to EURO 350).

Now the (building management) said there is EURO 676 not paid by my management company and needs to be paid now.

I contacted my management company but they said my account has no money.

I asked them how come there is EURO 676 due? You should be taking rent from tenant every month and paying Hausgelt & Heating & Operating Expense?

But no answer until now?

The payment is due tomorrow?

I do not leave in Germany and I do not speak German.

Any ideas?

Thank you all

N

nmb

So the management company should have taken off all expenses and paid EURO 350 to you evey month? Now it looks as though they have not been paying these additional expenses, if so where has the money gone? That is the first question I would ask them - it may be that you have no option but to pay the outstanding charges yourself in the short term. Obviously I would start looking for a new property management company as something seems seriously wrong.

D

diyhelp

Change property management companies and dont look back!

K

khaledbedda

Change property management companies and dont look back!
I will do this. But I need to make the current management company ask the tenant to share the cost as fast as possible before I get a new company that will not know the history of payments due since last year.
Also I need to make sure that this payments are really subject to be shared with the tenant.

N

nmb

Sorry, I got the impression that the management company was collecting the full rent but not paying expenses out of this - as I presume had been agreed?