ad

How much is bulding costs for 1 sq ft in the UK

S

shina

Hi,

Just wonder how much would it cost to buy a 3 bed detached house in the UK? I thought to myself why not just buying the land (one that already has planning permissions) and build my house on that land ? what should be the cost to build such a house to an average standards? if there's such a thing.

Thank you

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Buying a house totally depends on the location. It can range from £30-40,000 to £50m+! It's the price of land that varies that so much... The later being a property in west London for example...

It's impossible to quote a build figure without more information on the specific site and services required and also the specification you intend to build to...

I'd suggest do a smaller refurb project first as per my advice on your other post and move to new build once you have a bit more experience.

S

shina

Buying a house totally depends on the location. It can range from £30-40,000 to £50m+! It's the price of land that varies that so much... The later being a property in west London for example...

It's impossible to quote a build figure without more information on the specific site and services required and also the specification you intend to build to...

I'd suggest do a smaller refurb project first as per my advice on your other post and move to new build once you have a bit more experience.

Thank you very much Nicholas