How much did you pay for your property

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned
i have a studio in dp 1 originally 44 sqm. but has ended up at 48. cost 17600 GBP. first 10% deposit paid in sept 2006 then 2nd 3rd and 4th payments of 1760GBP every 3 months until remainder on completion last month. i paid delise 2945GBP for furniture pack and 500GBP for air-con. maintainance for 1 year 500GBP and 140GBP for insurance from intasure. thought about sourcing furniture etc. myself, but took the lazy way out. now i just want to enjoy my home in the sun as often as possible [starting may 9!!! woo hoo!!] i dont really fancy going in to the rental pool cos you dont know who they are and how they would treat the apartment, but have already had lots of interest from friends and family and quite happy to leave it at that, at least for this year. love the last photos on here, getting excited now and looking forward to meeting the neighbours!!
bought pool view studio at coral sea pearl next door but one 14995.

may sell early yet dont know ....

K

kc67

Hi I managed to get a 1 bed top floor with pool view at DP2 for £21,700.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Hi I managed to get a 1 bed top floor with pool view at DP2 for £21,700.
when was this? I heared there is a resale units as many old clients canceled their reservations and took their deposits as so late, or change flat number or not given what was promised so what you think about these rumors?

K

kc67

Hi Realestatemart, I reserved my apartment in January this year. It was one that had been re-released. I was advised that the previous management company had not been releasing the properties back into the market if people had cancelled or could not find the deposit money, and therefore the new management company found a few just sitting that needed to go back into the 'pool'. Mine was one of those and therefore I think I got a bit of a bargain.

H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned
Hi Realestatemart, I reserved my apartment in January this year. It was one that had been re-released. I was advised that the previous management company had not been releasing the properties back into the market if people had cancelled or could not find the deposit money, and therefore the new management company found a few just sitting that needed to go back into the 'pool'. Mine was one of those and therefore I think I got a bit of a bargain.
i think you got an absolute steal!!

K

kc67

You didn't do too badly yourself - £14,995 for studio at CSP is a good buy also.

H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned
You didn't do too badly yourself - £14,995 for studio at CSP is a good buy also.
thank you .. think it will make some!!

just reserved on another development too ... will have to wait till tuesday to have this confirmed

K

kc67

So you eventually found your elusive 1 bed with low on contract deal then. Good for you!! I think prices will go up significantly within the next year so now is the time to get in there.

H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned
So you eventually found your elusive 1 bed with low on contract deal then. Good for you!! I think prices will go up significantly within the next year so now is the time to get in there.
erm we had to jiggle about and compromise but had a change of mind

we sent for a reservation form for a frontline development right in the heart of hurghada but had second thoughts on it,, so we plumped for a one bed and now were just waiting for the reservation to be confirmed availability says yes though !!

T

ThomasCurtains

I'm staggered by some of these prices...my question is how long will they continue to sell or will developers twig that maybe these prices are too cheap??

H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned
I'm staggered by some of these prices...my question is how long will they continue to sell or will developers twig that maybe these prices are too cheap??
stop dwelling then lol and stick some wonger down ..

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Thomas and welcome - agree with Wg. We decided last year and could have waited but glad we didnt as the price has increased by 10k since Oct last yr!! Dont hang about get in there whilst the going is still good.

S

simonjwatts1

re resale price

lol ... have you had any valuations on potential resale value simon??
No maye i have not gone down that road yet, I would hope to make some profit as i paid alot less for it so i would be confident at a 10k + profit margin but i will be keeping for a while unless i was offered 50k when completed and fully furnished etc. So that would be the price for now but i dare say that in 6 mths the prices will raise by 7 to 10% well thats in my opinion.
Have you any info re resales on dp1 and prices??

H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned
No maye i have not gone down that road yet, I would hope to make some profit as i paid alot less for it so i would be confident at a 10k + profit margin but i will be keeping for a while unless i was offered 50k when completed and fully furnished etc. So that would be the price for now but i dare say that in 6 mths the prices will raise by 7 to 10% well thats in my opinion.
Have you any info re resales on dp1 and prices??
nah mate .. i did get notification that a couple were coming up for resale due to whatever reason but no notification on what,

the price quoted originally for mine for eg was listed at 21800.. we paid 14995 for a studio.. so we are thinking that we should get some profit from resale .. the profit is the be all for us really as thats why we stuck cash we had down on it... we should still get decent profit i hope if we sell under market value... as long as the sales costs are clearly defined

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
most project prices will go up 15% first of April
Regards
George

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Thomas the entire overseas property market worldwide has been affected by the credit squeeze, as well as individual home markets. Egypt is bucking the trend so now is a great time to get involved. There are not too many other places where you can put your 'hard earned' at the moment which promise the same potential return. I believe that the market has 3 -4 years to run before it levels off but with prices rising currently at 8 - 10% per quarter.

V

vix

nah mate .. i did get notification that a couple were coming up for resale due to whatever reason but no notification on what,

the price quoted originally for mine for eg was listed at 21800.. we paid 14995 for a studio.. so we are thinking that we should get some profit from resale .. the profit is the be all for us really as thats why we stuck cash we had down on it... we should still get decent profit i hope if we sell under market value... as long as the sales costs are clearly defined
I would say you're sure to get profit. paid £17.600 for my studio, still pleased with that. Wonder what 'newer newbies' are now paying for same. Are you DP1?

Status
Not open for further replies.