How much cash are you allowed to bring out of Turkey

T

tamhidd

Hi All

Although not partcularly a property query, it involves the sale of property.

If i were to sell my property in Turkey. Is there any laws that prevent me from actually just returning to uk with the Hard cash received from the sale?

It seems a swift bank transfer takes 3-5 working days, and also costs quite a bit of money to do this, so i was thinking of just bringing the cash instead myself?

Any views?

C

countdown

Banned
Tamhidd,
I would imagine some questions would have to be answered if customs officers pulled you over.
Eg, where did the money come from? Ans; I sold an apartment.
Where did you get the money to pay for the apartment?
Did you declare your purchase of the apartment, if not, why not?
Can you show the receipts for buying and selling? You better be able to.
Then there's the tax applicable on the sale, providing it was bought with clean money. If you have a bank a/c in Turkey there could be tax implications for not declaring the a/c, that is if it's not already declared. I could go on, but if the money is not, or never has been declared for the purchase and sale of the Turkish business, then you are in deep s..t. Hope that's of some assistance. Let us know how you get on?
I don't know how much undeclared money you are allowed to bring into GB, but a customs officer can confiscate all monies until the person can prove WITHOUT DOUBT where the money legally came from.