ad

How many times would you view a property before deciding to buy?

• Thread starter totallyproperty
  • Start date
A

AdityaRaghav

Property is actually an assets, for which we are investing a huge amount of money. So i would go for more than 10 times or if possible more than that to check the property.

P

PattieB

Need many times property with documents. If the documents ok, then i will decide buy or not.

J

Jane Britan

I guess until you get satisfied with all the things you required in your property.This we come to know after viewing it 43 to 4 times.

S

sergerybrin

Buying a property is big decision so don't quick .. you can view at least 3-4 times same property.

N

nmb

In theory you should already know all about the area before you visit the property due to the information available on the Internet. Actually visiting the property should just be a rubber-stamping process?

J

Judith Beilby

Premium Member
If purchasing a home then the viewings are crucial but for an investment I would be happy to view once.
I would spend vastly more time on due diligence for the income and potential development profit.

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
I totally agree with @Judith Beilby i've offered on many properties knowing the area and doing my due diligence... Having just seen the plans, pictures and Google street view! Sounds crazy but the income and business model can be decided on just that. Sometimes on viewing you find some nasty surprises so it's essential before buying but not necessarily before offering... I've also had some amazing surprises such as finding two full height basements in one property giving me two extra rooms! I'd take that every time...

D

dinosaur

i have the estate agents text me when propertys are about to be listed on the market to get a head start and bought my last property which was unnocupied on a sunday and the estate agent had not received the keys yet.
checked the roof and brickwork and looked through the windows and bought it from that.
it is a very fast moving market where i live and many propertys sell the same day they are listed.

went to a viewing on monday at 4 for a property an estate agent just took on and i got there half hour early to check it out / there was a pile of cars outside with 2 familys waiting to view then me and another straight after me .
it was a full refurb needed

to near to a council estate put me off
i checked this morning it had sold.

N

nmb

Personally I think if you have to look at a property more than two times then there must be sufficient doubt in your mind as to whether this is the right move for you. The Internet today allows you to look at every nook and cranny in the area so in effect a visit to a property should only be a form of rubberstamping your decision?

D

dinosaur

estate agents photos can and are misleading a lot of times.
they take them with wide angle lens to make them look bigger /they take them from 2 foot off the floor ? /if a property is in so so condition they just take photos of the 2 best rooms / the property i visited on monday was an ex rental / did not look to bad in the photos and i put the magnifier on them / it had furniture in the photos empty on viewing / straight forward refurb i thought but it was a total strip back to bare walls and joists .

dont know how young familys with very young kids who were the other viewers who looked at it ,work around the renovation while living there and how they factor in the costs.
this was a 15k to 20 k plus job for me and for trade to do it £ 40k to 50k when after renovation it was worth 30 to 35 k more tops, minus fees

N

nmb

I would be interested to learn how many times those reading this thread viewed their last property investment before making an offer?