how many sold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

localhelp

Investy
Was agreeing with what you said until you reached the "already built hospital". I assume you have proof and photos to follow.

T

The Soup Dragon

Javedkhan54. Thanks for the input. While I’m pro Saidia I wouldn’t want people to invest there without fully weighing up all the pros and cons, so a well constructed post like yours is always welcome. I will however take some of your findings and give my views / findings in that area.

Saidia, and other developments on the Med, are dependent on tourism. There’s no getting round this. Saidia does however have some advantages over other developments. It has been geared to creating a longer season with there being more to do (for the typical tourist) and good facilities for business having conferences etc off peak. I see the latter appealing to French and Spanish businesses in particular.

You have referenced the hot potato faced by the King (and descendant of prophet Mohammed.) I’d certainly agree that tourism alone will not bring prosperity to all. However, it should have a very positive impact for those in the areas being developed. I’ve been impressed with the infrastructure put in place over the last 2 to 3 years and I see no reason for it not continuing to improve over the next few years. I’ve also been impressed with the authorities handling of matters in Saidia. Many developers round the world say they will deliver the earth and deliver very little. From what I can see the developers are being made to deliver more than had appeared in the brochures we received. (VVT8 etc.)

I don’t agree with your comments on terrorism. It will happen, but I doubt it’ll have the affect you have suggested. Casablanca certainly hasn’t. Tourism in Egypt and Turkey bounces back after such events. Why should Morocco be any different in that respect? I’m not so close to the situation in Bali, but my understanding was that property prices were not hit massively.
Prices in Saidia are not treble those of Tangier if you compare like with like. (There are only a handful of developments around Tangier that are worthy of comparison for facilities.) As Investy has said, then end user and exit strategy is very different in these two locations.

Finally, please provide links to any sources that backup rental figures you gave and Tanagier city trebling in size.

I

Investy

Investy
Was agreeing with what you said until you reached the "already built hospital". I assume you have proof and photos to follow.

I certainly do;

The medical facility is shown on Le Jardin de Fleur | Home

Go to 'Build Progress'
The photo is in the 'General' section 7th December photo. Its the low building.
Also a photo and brief description shown in the NEWS section;
Go then to 'NEW LETTERS' and open the top most recent letter and see page 2.

When I say complete, what I mean is the super structure is built - in other words the hospital is not merely a phantom promise so typical of developers.

Whilst one wounld'nt get open heart surgery capability, I am hearing it will be well staffed with Doctors year round, and have a good general capability, which I think is another reason I think Saidia was such a good all round choice.

As Soup Dragon says, the sales blurb promises are generally being exceeded so I see no reason to doubt the langauge used about the medial facility.

I

Investy

I’d certainly agree that tourism alone will not bring prosperity to all.

Soup, I've read articles that claim Moroccan industry is expanding quickly and one key driver for this has been offshoring by the French and Belgians, everything from industrial cables to clothing.

GDP last time I checked was increasing at 7.9% pa - thats pretty respectable and literacy amongst the young was approaching 100% recently.

I see Morocco becomming a very dynamic hub between Africa and Europe and with significant foreign investment continuing apace over the next few years.

Be under no illusion that Europe / the West is resolved to establishing strong Muslim partners as the key way forward in the current tense climate.
Various people reported to me a surprising American prescence attracted to developments around Tangier.

It's all to easy to accept and be welded to past realities and be a messanger of doom and division. Those dark voices will be overcome and the Americans themselves will be key to driving this home hopefully in the shape of Barak Obama. Even if he looses, his message will be embeded and taken forwards by others.

Status
Not open for further replies.