How many homes should a potential buyer see?

• Thread starter queenie40something
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi all

Many buyers, especially 1st time buyers, wonder how many homes / developments they should see before they commit.

There is not always a simple answer as it depends on your budget, the location you are looking at and also a bit of luck.

Because buying any property is such an important decision and commitment many dont take the plunge.

I would welcome your comments and also stories of how many properties you viewed before you took the plunge.

Regards

Alison

L

lyndsay552

It really is as many as they have time to see.

When we where over, everytime we viewed another development we changed our minds. It was like a scene from Little Britain - 'No I want that one, No I want that one' and this went on for most of the week.

Poor Peters head was turned, at one stage I think he went into melt down.

Glad we got over to see the developments as it completely changed our minds about what we wanted (20 times over!!)

Lyndsay

L

Leila

I saw about 8-10 properties/building sites as I was nervous about putting my hard earned cash into something that wasn't quite right. Wasn't too worried about the actual property so much as its location. Having been to Hurghada a few times and El Gouna once, I had very definite views as to where I wanted to be or rather where I didn't want to be! So difficult as decent maps are not easy to come by and Google Earth daunting if you don't have recognisable landmarks. Luckily my 'adventures' on the building sites confirmed to me that I had made the right choice!

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
I saw about 8-10 properties/building sites as I was nervous about putting my hard earned cash into something that wasn't quite right. Wasn't too worried about the actual property so much as its location. Having been to Hurghada a few times and El Gouna once, I had very definite views as to where I wanted to be or rather where I didn't want to be! So difficult as decent maps are not easy to come by and Google Earth daunting if you don't have recognisable landmarks. Luckily my 'adventures' on the building sites confirmed to me that I had made the right choice!
so congratulation eila on your right choice i believe every one have different view of what fits him as long as it fits your needs and dreams it would be great

E

eidlin

Picking up on an old thread.
I guess the answer is 'as many as it takes'
Everyone will have a different approach/requirements/budget/schedule etc etc.
I think (as one who has'nt taken the plunge yet) the golden rule must be,
DO YOUR HOMEWORK.
Oh and .....ENJOY !

Status
Not open for further replies.