Ok guys this is important, I want to share my experience with you so that you see how End-Users (such as myself) are struggling as well. So its not just speculators who are gettin kicked out of the market. This is my story: In May I bought an exclusive apartment in Abu Dhabi Al Reem Island for a good price of 1824/sqft. That was just before Cityscape Abu Dhabi. The payment plan is 15% every month. I calculated my budget, I came up with 300,000 dirhams (the first 15%) and was hoping the bank could cover the next 15% since they lended 85% back then. Next week, the second installment is coming up (another 300,000) so I was thinking the bank could cover that without an issue. Next thing, I ring (name of bank) and I get told, I am sorry sir, we have dropped our LTV to 65% and you have to transfer your salary to us if you want 70%. So basically they want me to pay the next 15% (300,000) which then amounts to 30% paid. Then they can start with the remaining 70%. I was like, hello, I dont have 300,000 right now... and charge me whatever rate you want, but I need the bank to help out on this one. Hopelly the apartment sells within the next 6 months before the 3rd installment kicks in. Now, I am stuck, the bank wont help... and I am an End-User who wants to live in this flat once its completed.... I wanted it cos its in the best location at the entrance of Al Reem Island. Solutions? Well, I am a pissed off End_User who is forced to sell his apartment at 5% premium and even more pissed off for putting it at this low price. How can banks lend 65% thats a friggin joke. Nobody has 35% cash as a down payment. So who can buy properties now? Nobody. . . not speculators, not end-users.. I have two options... ... another person (he can see himself as an investor if he wishes) kicks in with his 300,000 and once the property sells we share the profit. Or... I have to get a personal loan from my bank (max 250,000) and pay a massive rate and then hopefully the apartment will sell soon and everyone gets their money bank. The developer is selling apartments there at 2,700/sq.ft and am selling at 5% premium over 1824/sqft ?? What a friggin frustrating position am in I got played by the bank big time and i guess nobody had a crystal ball to see what will happen in the future and how banks will lower their LTVs from 85% to 65%. Inv.