How costly is Silicon Oasis

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kobe

I’m shifting to Dubai shortly from UK and like to have some accommodation. I’ve Silicon Oasis in my mind. Just wondering if anyone here is working there yet, and if so, what their impressions are so far.

I

imported_kyler

Hi
I have been here for 6 years, Dubai, so I think I have a good idea about the UAE. I love it here, I would stay forever - if possible!
But you need to have a minimum of 8000 Dhs a month + housing. Housing is very expensive, and if U wanna live like at home... U need the company to pay. Housing is from 3000 Dhs a month for a studio flat, or for a room in a villa - sharing with other expats.

Best regards

K

kobe

Thanks for the comments, I was referring to the Silicon Oasis complex, a semiconductor design center outside the city proper (as far as I can tell),which appears to be ramping up for business.

D

downunder

Kyler,

Do you know what rent can be expected at Q-Point development in Lilam? I am looking at investing in that development. I am currently based in Oz but am looking at an investment in Dubai and am looking for a mix of capital gain and rental yield.

Any other properties that you could recommend would be highly appreciated.

M

maverick1410

Hey, Silicon Oasis is an upcoming development in Dubai. I have a friend who works there...infact I have recently sold a few apartments in an almost ready project there called the " springs "

Its a good deal as the bank finances upto 97% and u dont have to shell out from your end. Moreover, the emis for a one bedroom would be less than 7 grand a month....you own your own pad...plus the appreciation in the years to come...its a pretty good deal i would say.

The rates per sq ft are about 930 dhms per sq ft, all inclusive. Not too many left...

M

mjaba44

Hi,

I'm new to the board. Just stumbled across the Dubai Silicon Oasis on Wikipedia. Looks like an amazing project that could only be launched in Dubai (determination to innovate, available capital and few building restrictions). After all it encompasses 7 million square meters. Where else in the world could such a project be accomplished?

Mike

M

mjaba44

Regarding your question: according to Wikipedia there are approx. 560 residential villas under construction. I believe there should be some regular apartment-complexes built there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.