How about crime areas to avoid in Spain?

2F2F

I heard by some people that Costa del Sol was nicknamed Costa del crime...is that true?

What areas should a prospective buyer avoid?

Thanks

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
Yes it is true that Costa del Sol is nicknamed the costa crime. This is because so many british criminals(and other nationalities) fled to there to escape the British police.

2F2F

Yes it is true that Costa del Sol is nicknamed the costa crime. This is because so many british criminals(and other nationalities) fled to there to escape the British police.
Great! Me writing off Costa del Sol then...

Any other areas?

What about Almeria / Murcia / Gibraltar?

Thank you

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
Its a long time since I was last in Spain and it has changed a lot in the meantime so I can't really say where is good these days.
I opted for Cyprus instead as it has a lot less crime all round:smile:

2F2F

Its a long time since I was last in Spain and it has changed a lot in the meantime so I can't really say where is good these days.
I opted for Cyprus instead as it has a lot less crime all round:smile:
uhmm dunno anything about Cyprus...other than (maybe) some land was dispured by Turkey?

I know I am off topic...but what will be a good website to search Cyprus property?

Basically I'm looking for any suitable option to buy and live where I buy.

Thanks.

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
If you are a non Eu citizen you will need to find out whether you can actually come and live and work in Cyprus. It is not always easy to get visas which allow you to work here.

2F2F

If you are a non Eu citizen you will need to find out whether you can actually come and live and work in Cyprus. It is not always easy to get visas which allow you to work here.
Born in Rome :tee:

F

Fine And Country

That's remind me of the movie 'Sexy Beast'. Great movie about British gangsters retired in Spain.