ad

House purchase advice needed

J

johnmos

Hi there

I'm looking at purchasing a house that is currently split into two flats and I'm after some advice. The house is freehold and the flats don't have leases on them. They were converted many years ago and the current owners don't have any paperwork regarding planning permission etc.. I haven't decided whether to keep the house as flats or whether to convert back into a single dwelling. Either way, I'm looking at taking out a bridging loan in the region of £40k to cover renovations and once complete will be looking for a mortgage (regular mortgage if one dwelling, buy-to-let if keeping them as flats). My main concern with the property is:-

A. Being able to convert it back into a house. Do I need planning permission etc? And,
B. Being able to get a mortgage once the renovations are complete given that there is no planning permission in place for the original flats.

Does anybody have any knowledge in this area? Is it a sensible project to take on?

Many thanks

John

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
Hi John,

our resident finance experts @Vantage Private Finance should be able to offer guidance on your situation, I've tagged them in this post for you.