Houara points system

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mintmagic

Nisrine

Can you explain how the points system works within the project? I understand you can exchange points for other apartments around the world or something like that. can you explain please?

Thanks

L

Lee Filkins

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
I dont think nisrine.z, will have answers to it. The answer should be with RCI/whyndam world.

As far as I know they will not be involved until the project is complete. so perhaps ypu contact them and find out how it works on their current units and it should be on ther same lines.

N

nisrine

The system of points is very simple. Each unit equals a certain number of points. If, for example, 1 bed unit equals 40 points per week., the owner can do the exchange for 2 weeks which means 80 points and then he can see where he can go with those 80 points and in case he does not have enough points he can borrow points from the following year and so forth. what is good in this system is that the number of weeks the owner can use for exchange is unlimited and it is again for free.

M

mintmagic

Thanks for that nisrine. So what it means is - for example, if a one bed unit is worth 5000 points for the year, i can exchange all those points for staying somewhere else in the world? If that's the case, what happens to my apartment during that year I exchange my points? Is it empty?

Also, I presume the points are only valid for accommodation and nothing else? i.e. are they valid for package holidays or something?

Thanks for your help.

N

nisrine

Well, it is very simple. The owner can choose the number of weeks he can use for personal use, the number of weeks he can use for rental and the number of weeks he can use for exchange. And as the person chooses other units in other resorts, also others have the right to use his. So, sometimes, maybe the period in which the person is traveling, there is someone using his unit. And all these things can be planned one year earlier and the owner who determines the usage of his unit and the period.

And if someone wants to use all the weeks for exchange, then of course he neither can come to stay in his unit nor rent it out and consequently he would not generate any rental income on that year as long as he reserves all the weeks for traveling. Besides, the owner can modify the usage of weeks each year.

Yes, I assume the points are valid for accommodation alone but I can check with an expert and get back to you.

N

nisrine

Hi,
Where are you guys, I see no more people posting to this thread, why?

M

mintmagic

So say if I gave my unit on exchange and someone was staying in it. Whose responsibility would it be to maintain the property? For example, if the guest breaks anything or damages anything, etc.?

Also, can I give my unit to the hotel for rental, and how much would I earn as a rental income? i.e. i presume it will be a percentage of the rental?

thanks.

N

nisrine

Of course, the company which takes in charge the maintenance of the unit.

Concerning the rental income, I think if you are really interested, you will not ask this question in public. you have my email adress. But in general without going to details, the owner gets 75% and the company gets 25%. ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.