Holiday home in Cornwall

S

Simon Briscoe

Hi

I am looking for some advice in holiday home investment in Cornwall. I am looking for something for my own family holidays and to generate some income as well. My question is really about the properties which are for sale on complexes. Some have a guaranteed income etc and are managed for you and the return is reasonable but I am not sure how they will perform from a capital growth perspective compared to a traditional holiday cottage.

Any help and advice would be welcome

Thanks

S

Simon Briscoe

I am fairly flexible depending on location and ROI. PTobably 300-400k

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
You will tend to find that while managed properties with a guaranteed income serve a purpose for many investors, in exchange for any guarantees on income you will be giving away some of the potential capital growth. Are you not tempted to manage the property yourself?

S

Simon Briscoe

I Am not apposed to managing it myself. It is more about getting the right property for us to holiday in ourselves. The managed properties on some of the nice complexes look nice from a holiday perspective, and the short term return is good. I just want to be sure that the long term growth is still there as with any other type of property.

D

diyhelp

It is a case of finding a balance between guaranteed return and exposure to potential capital appreciation in the longer term. Some people who are not local, do not have the skills or the time to manage a property might find these guaranteed schemes fit their situation perfectly. Others may prefer a hands on approach - it is simply a case of horses for courses.

M

MechJony

Yes, recent years made it very clear to us that quality investment is the key to a prosperous future. This`s not a bad idea. Generally speaking, the most liquid type of investment is a house by the sea\ocean. It`ll always be in demand, so first of all consider this option. Among such I can advise to take the example of https://www.onholidays.com.au/rainbow-beach-holiday-houses/. I was there on vacation and I absolutely loved it. Something similar advice to organize for yourself. Sure the climate in Cornwall is different from Australia, but you may pick up some details at least.

O

OliviaGmail

I buy curtains, blinds to improve the look of the home.