HMOs in Tyldesley Manchester - do they work?

Tracey Woods HMO

Tracey Woods HMO

Director of Landlord Smart
Forum Partner
Does anyone invest in Manchester HMOs? What sort of rates do you achieve on your rooms in that area and what is the tenant type. I have an investor who has bought something up there from a company which doesn't seem to stack up in my view. If anyone has any experience of this area and does HMO I would appreciate you feedback.
Many thanks

Lime Auction House

Lime Auction House

Forum Partner
Does anyone invest in Manchester HMOs? What sort of rates do you achieve on your rooms in that area and what is the tenant type. I have an investor who has bought something up there from a company which doesn't seem to stack up in my view. If anyone has any experience of this area and does HMO I would appreciate you feedback.
Many thanks
I assume not :)

Sent from my iPhone using Property Forum mobile app

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Many thanks
Hi Tracy,

I do a lot of HMO's but don't currently own any in Manchester. I did However go to uni in Manchester so know it very well. I think it really depends on exactly which area as some areas are very, very nice and upmarket indeed now and on the flip side there are still some very dodgy areas! Can you be more specific on location?

I'd do the usual: call 3/4 local agents, research on RightMove and the room share portals (Upad.com or spareroom.co.uk for example) to give you a better idea in perhaps a 1-2 mile radius and no more... that should give you some good data to go on.