ad

**HELP** Time between mortgages?

W

Windscreenman

Hi, I have a property that I own out right and rent out, I would like to remortgage this property for £50k which wont be an issue as there is plenty of equity in this property, then put the £50k (remortgage money) along with £100k personal savings down as a deposit (£150k deposit) on a new residential property which will be my new main residence.

MY QUESTION IS...

HOW LONG DO I NEED TO LEAVE BETWEEN REMORTGAGING MY RENTAL PROPERTY AND APPLYING FOR A NEW RESIDENTIAL MORTGAGE FOR MY NEW PERSONAL RESIDENCE???

Thanks

F

FWL

As these are two separate properties would you need to wait? For example, I often hear of investors buying two or more buy to let properties at the same time without any issues.

H

HelenBuck

you don't need to wait , and i think you can do it once , you don't need to remotgage it first for 50 k and after that to do it again with your +100 k , just do it at once . You should apply only for your new residential mortgage , with your 100k and remortgage property for 50k .

R

realdeals

I don't think you will have any problems as you are remortgaging once, putting the £50,000 (together with your £100,000 savings) into another property and taking a mortgage on the second property. This is assuming that you will pass the mortgage affordability test.