Help / Advice / Where to Buy in Egypt

Status
Not open for further replies.
NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Hi Amit, find out how much flights alone would be and i will see if someone has an apartment to rent out to you in Desert Pearl (this is a recently completed project in the heart of Hurghada). This way you can get first hand knowledge of the type of developments for sale and the quality. This may keep your costs down as the apartment will not be per person just one payment.

While you are there it would be good for you to arrange to meet some local representitives and ask them to show you their different projects. They should all offer this free and with no obligation, if not don't bother looking at their properties.

If you need any help, info or advice please let me know.

L

Lsab

Good idea Neil. I think that Amit and his other half are looking to combine their viewing trip with a bit of a holiday too so possibly want hotel facilities. Having said that, they might not have thought of the rental option :)

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Linda/George

Linda i got your PM - and was just about to respond to it - thanks for your helpful information....i am reading up a lot on the internet.....too much reading for such a hot day!!

George, my budgets would be around up to 70K for investment as i think that this would be reasonable with a good payment plan for a studio or 1 bed.....any resports/developments? i would ideally like to get into the first phase - however not essential as long as there is a good rental and resale market for what i buy

as for holiday i was thinking around 400-450 /person for flights and acommodation...however this is proving difficult for the last 2weeks in august!!! (not including spending money),any suggestions?

i was thinking about chancing it and doing a last minute deal?!?

thanks very much again guys

Amit
Hi Amit
files on the way :)

A

amzee

hi guys thank you very much for kindly helping me ....

the flights are comming to around £350 and i thought that is quite expensive....

however with easyjet i can get a around £450/person in Sharm...however, my gf mentioned that for saving money we could stay in Sarm and then venture out to inspect el gouna, sahl hasheesh and hurgadah....

what are your thoughts on this?? would it be too much of a headache to take the ferry everyday or how far is travelling time?

George - i got the files and have emailed you back...thanks very much for that...

L

Lsab

Sorry Amit - I didn't quite understand. £350 for Hurghada? £450 for Sharm? :confused:

In any case I would have thought that going back and forth to Sharm every day would cost money and be extremely draining because of the heat. If you want to see Hurghada and Sahl etc it would probably be better to base yourself there so that not only can you get a feel for the place but be able to relax and enjoy your holiday rather than exhausting yourselves. I know the temperature there is hitting 40+ at the moment. In Bahrain it's about the same and I find it difficult just going shopping! :( You need to see Sharm to understand what it is you want and don't want and others are best placed to advise you on that. I can definately tell you that taking a long trip in the morning, spending a day looking at the area/visiting the developments then taking the trip back at the end of the day will not only exhaust you both but probably put you off the whole idea!! I would suggest that you would be better staying in a nice hotel in Hurghada (or renting an apartment as Neil suggested),spend the cooler hours of the day seeing the property on offer, then relax and enjoy yourselves. If you go back home more frazzled that when you left, you're ultimately not going to take a favourable view of Egypt back with you.

Just my opinion though:)

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
hi guys thank you very much for kindly helping me ....

the flights are comming to around £350 and i thought that is quite expensive....

however with easyjet i can get a around £450/person in Sharm...however, my gf mentioned that for saving money we could stay in Sarm and then venture out to inspect el gouna, sahl hasheesh and hurgadah....

what are your thoughts on this?? would it be too much of a headache to take the ferry everyday or how far is travelling time?

George - i got the files and have emailed you back...thanks very much for that...
Dear Amit
Never Ever do this,please don't go to Sharm you will suffer to get to hurghada, first the ferry is not every day, second the ferry is one trip a day not going and coming, third there is flights between Hurghada and Sharm 3 days a week, the main destenation that have 90% of properties you like to see is in Hurghada Area, not in Sharm, and by the way there is no beach front propertiey in Sharm, all use Hotel beachs, I had a client who did this and you know what she did? she paid 150GBP for one way trip to hurghada as she missed the erry and ther flight was after 3 days so please don't do this to your self, its better to go to hurghada then select a day where is a flight in morning and then ther ferry or another flight in Evening.

I got your answer and I'm doing my best to get the best available :)

A

amzee

hey guys,

just got home from work and then off to the gym!! (useful information hey!!)

George/Linda/Neil - Thank you once again for advising me on this, i will point my gf to this link as it will confirm what i said to her regarding that its much better to spend that little bit more and stay in hurgadah than do one day trips.....

what i meant regarding 350 and 450 was that sharm is flights plus accomodation - 450 but hurgadah are comming to 350 alone for flights!! but some agencies are saying that if im potentially investing then they will subsidise a trip for me.....so that may solve a slight cash flow problem :)

ok, so i have been doing a lot of research today and i have been told that there is another resort which is launching in about a month called Ancient Sands.....

i was told that this will be in El Gouna and is an 'exclusive' resort - i dont know what they mean by that.....is it worthwile investing in?

I have been doing some research and have found that there are mixed reviews about investing in El Gouna as prices arent booming anymore, and that they (apartments) aretoo expensive... etc etc also some people are having a lot of trouble re-selling property....there are too many parties every friday and monday.....(not a bad thing)

does anyone know about this development? or what starting prices etc are?

my thinking is that (with any resort/development) as long as you have something that is beach/lagoon views next to ameneties and got in at the first Phase etc then you should have a good entry and exit strategy and also great investment?!? i also may think about renting it out on a week-by-week basis to holiday makers......

thanks once again and please advise whenever you guys gt a moment.

George, got your email and will review with my sister when she gets home..
Linda will reply to your PM a when i get back from gym....

thanks once again :)

Amit

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
hey guys,

just got home from work and then off to the gym!! (useful information hey!!)

George/Linda/Neil - Thank you once again for advising me on this, i will point my gf to this link as it will confirm what i said to her regarding that its much better to spend that little bit more and stay in hurgadah than do one day trips.....

what i meant regarding 350 and 450 was that sharm is flights plus accomodation - 450 but hurgadah are comming to 350 alone for flights!! but some agencies are saying that if im potentially investing then they will subsidise a trip for me.....so that may solve a slight cash flow problem :)

ok, so i have been doing a lot of research today and i have been told that there is another resort which is launching in about a month called Ancient Sands.....

i was told that this will be in El Gouna and is an 'exclusive' resort - i dont know what they mean by that.....is it worthwile investing in?

I have been doing some research and have found that there are mixed reviews about investing in El Gouna as prices arent booming anymore, and that they (apartments) aretoo expensive... etc etc also some people are having a lot of trouble re-selling property....there are too many parties every friday and monday.....(not a bad thing)

does anyone know about this development? or what starting prices etc are?

my thinking is that (with any resort/development) as long as you have something that is beach/lagoon views next to ameneties and got in at the first Phase etc then you should have a good entry and exit strategy and also great investment?!? i also may think about renting it out on a week-by-week basis to holiday makers......

thanks once again and please advise whenever you guys gt a moment.

George, got your email and will review with my sister when she gets home..
Linda will reply to your PM a when i get back from gym....

thanks once again :)

Amit
Dear Amit,

prices in El Gouna Already Boomed yes that is correct and to have something withing your budget is not that easy, plus you can wait till you come here and see if you like it or not as in my opinion and others can fit some and can't fit others but Sure El Gouna is Good but every one of us has his own way, do if you realy want a high return on your investment should be Shal Hasheesh.

Regards
George

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Amit
Amit, that is £450 per person to Sharm, if you pay £350 per person for flights to Hurghada i will see if i can get you a studio for £100-120, for the week. This works out cheaper and you will not need have the hassle or expense of traveling between Sharm and Hurghada.

Let me know if you want me to try and get you a studio in Desert Pearl, you will then be in the heart of the tourist area?

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Amit, that is £450 per person to Sharm, if you pay £350 per person for flights to Hurghada i will see if i can get you a studio for £100-120, for the week. This works out cheaper and you will not need have the hassle or expense of traveling between Sharm and Hurghada.

Let me know if you want me to try and get you a studio in Desert Pearl, you will then be in the heart of the tourist area?
I think its a good idea Neil, there is also this option available in other Projects Like BRitish Resort, Reed Sea Pharoh, and may be regency towers if Amit interested we can check and get the best price for him, but you know there is hotels like Laperla that you can reserve online for 12 or 15 GBP a day maximum and half board so why Amit should bother himself for beach access and food specialy he got his girl friend and sure wana enjoy the trip as well, so being in these resorts will make him looking for food, beach access and other facilities that hotels got

Regards
George

V

vix

I think its a good idea Neil, there is also this option available in other Projects Like BRitish Resort, Reed Sea Pharoh, and may be regency towers if Amit interested we can check and get the best price for him, but you know there is hotels like Laperla that you can reserve online for 12 or 15 GBP a day maximum and half board so why Amit should bother himself for beach access and food specialy he got his girl friend and sure wana enjoy the trip as well, so being in these resorts will make him looking for food, beach access and other facilities that hotels got

Regards
George
Good advice George, B+B at the La perla is currently £40. 00 per person per week if booked through the internet. Queenie posted details last week of internet sites to look at. I booked with Med Holidays.

A

amzee

hi guys how are you?

i hope that all is well and appreciate the advise thats been posted on here - are there any other hotels that i can book through directly which are cheap? i tried to google the regency towers etc but search results keep comming up with sites that sell units within the development and not on how to book it....

i checked out club med and a stay in el gouna is comming up to £570 / person!!! so expensive....

hotel la perla is definately looking like something that we are going to go for - thank you again for great advice..

however, an agent that i am with is offering a part-subsidised trip to el gouna as they mentioned that ancient sands is launching soon. but im not sure how this works.....i mean it cant be a subsidised trip if i dont decide to buy...there must be a catch somewhere as people would just phone for free holidays?!?!

thanking you guys once again for your help...

Amit

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
hi guys how are you?

i hope that all is well and appreciate the advise thats been posted on here - are there any other hotels that i can book through directly which are cheap? i tried to google the regency towers etc but search results keep comming up with sites that sell units within the development and not on how to book it....

i checked out club med and a stay in el gouna is comming up to £570 / person!!! so expensive....

hotel la perla is definately looking like something that we are going to go for - thank you again for great advice..

however, an agent that i am with is offering a part-subsidised trip to el gouna as they mentioned that ancient sands is launching soon. but im not sure how this works.....i mean it cant be a subsidised trip if i dont decide to buy...there must be a catch somewhere as people would just phone for free holidays?!?!

thanking you guys once again for your help...

Amit
Dear Amit
I reccomend that you be free don't attach yourself with any agent, I think much better to come on your own to have the tottal freedom :)
But if its very good and you are free :) to go with other people so why not :) use it ;)

just you coming first, Middle, or end of August?

Regards
George

L

Lsab

When we looked into these subsidised trips some time ago, if you didn't put down a deposit during your viewing trip, you had to pay for your flights. This might not be the case now and if you do decide to take this route, remember that the agent is not going to be giving you independant advise if he's only showing you the properties of one developer. Did they give you the prices on Ancients Sands? I'm sure Jeremy will correct me if I'm wrong but I thought they were starting at over £100k. Looks like it will be impressive though.

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Dear Amit
I reccomend that you be free don't attach yourself with any agent, I think much better to come on your own to have the tottal freedom :)
But if its very good and you are free :) to go with other people so why not :) use it ;)

just you coming first, Middle, or end of August?

Regards
George
Very good advice George. You are quite right Amit, no one gives anything for free, i recommend to all my clients they make their own travel arrangements or i help them but they pay for it. We do offer a partial refund if they buy but this takes away the potential hard sell and pressure selling, if your agents are offering this then it is a better option. You should go independently, arrange some inspection viewings and actually enjoy the experience. I have had people on the phone close to tears that have been out with other agents and not allowed to do anything themselves and feel very threatened. Be very careful, there are enough developments out there you do not need to get tied into anything.

Make sure whoever you are seeing shows you the details before you travel, have a budget and stick to it, think about what you want from it, is there a rental pool, is it close to amenities etc... Do not allow yourself to be sold something you don't want even if it is cheap, there may be a good reason why it is cheap. It is good practice to view previous developments by the same developer/builder to check finishing, quality etc...

Above all enjoy your holiday and remember to listen to your girlfriend, they are always right after all:D

Hope this helps.

J

Jeremy Sturgess

When we looked into these subsidised trips some time ago, if you didn't put down a deposit during your viewing trip, you had to pay for your flights. This might not be the case now and if you do decide to take this route, remember that the agent is not going to be giving you independant advise if he's only showing you the properties of one developer. Did they give you the prices on Ancients Sands? I'm sure Jeremy will correct me if I'm wrong but I thought they were starting at over £100k. Looks like it will be impressive though.

Re Ancient Sands pricing its not quite finalised yet but I would expect prices at pre launch will start at around $140,000 or around Sterling pounds 72k with a price increase in October at the full launch

L

Lsab

Sorry about that Jeremy - must have got my currencies mixed up :) £72k seems very reasonable for El Gouna.

P

Peter07

First Purchase

I have Registered for an apartment in Hurghada with one company. Now I have sent the registration fee. The first time I contacted him with an inquiry he has told me to speak to another company. I think the Developments agent!
This is a little off putting to say the least.Is this normal?
Can anyone tell me what the next steps I need to go through as this is my first purchase
Peter:

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
I have Registered for an apartment in Hurghada with one company. Now I have sent the registration fee. The first time I contacted him with an inquiry he has told me to speak to another company. I think the Developments agent!
This is a little off putting to say the least.Is this normal?
Can anyone tell me what the next steps I need to go through as this is my first purchase
Peter:
they would preare the contracts and sedn it to you for signature and then you will do first payment
Regards
George

L

Lsab

Who is your agent Peter and on what development are you buying? Perhaps with that information other agents and members can tell you if this is the correct process.

Status
Not open for further replies.