Help / Advice / Where to Buy in Egypt

Status
Not open for further replies.
realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
hi everyone - just wanted to introduce myself and say that im relatively new to the investment business (in egypt) and to the forum.

i have recently invested in UAE and am now looking to do something with my sister in egypt.

i have been keeping up to date with the forum and have found that everyone seems to be very helpful - so i thought what better place to start :)

im looking to invest in egypt however i cannot find which area (gamsha, sharm, hurgadah, shal hasheesh etc) would be good to invest in or up and comming resorts??!?

also with the UAE investment i went through Dream Homes world wide - is there an equivelent agency whom deals with properties in Egypt that are reliable and have good service?? can anyone recommend any good agencies i can contact?

ideally im looking for a beachfront apartment, sea views, private beaches etc etc...great from a rental and investment perspective..

i hope someone can point me in the right direction please and any help would be greatly appreciated.....

thanking you all in advance

Amzee
Hi Amzee
Did you find your way to projects in Red Sea :)

MelanieS

MelanieS

Beach Front Development

Hi Dex

I would suggest beach front is always a good option to go for as most people when they are on holiday like to be beach front. Therefore developments that are beach front are more like to acheive higher rental returns and occupancy rates. And they will also be easier to sell on giving you a better exit strategy. I visited Hurghada in March and have previuosly been to Sharm El Sheikh both of these areas are good to invest in but you must pick your investment carefully as there are developments which are not very well located and which are built to Egyptian standards not European standards.

Hi Everyone,

I am a first time investor looking to invest in Egypt. I am looking for a high rental return and a good capitol growth. Can anyone please advice on things like where to buy, buying from plan and what problems I could encounter.

Thank you
Dex

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Hi Zahara and welcome to the forum; I cannot give you direct advice as this is not permitted under forum rules but if you review the posts on here you will get an idea where the best advice is available.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Hi Melanie & Amzee and welcome to the forum; there is plenty of useful advice available here from people who have already invested and know the area well.
I am sure that collectively we will provide the information you need in order to make an informed decision.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Hi Dex

I would suggest beach front is always a good option to go for as most people when they are on holiday like to be beach front. Therefore developments that are beach front are more like to acheive higher rental returns and occupancy rates. And they will also be easier to sell on giving you a better exit strategy. I visited Hurghada in March and have previuosly been to Sharm El Sheikh both of these areas are good to invest in but you must pick your investment carefully as there are developments which are not very well located and which are built to Egyptian standards not European standards.
Good Advice and opinion Melanie

Z

zahara

Hi Zahara, welcome to the forum

What are the names of the two developments as we may already have active threads on them?

If you need any help finding your way around the forum just give one of the moderators a shout.

Very best wishes

Linda
Thanks for the reply Linda...one is hurghada village apartments and i cant remember the name of the other one! but its not far from the 5* resorts...to be honest im just trying to get an insight into the relative areas intecontinental seems more residential but dont know if this will ge good for investment???

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Thanks for the reply Linda...one is hurghada village apartments and i cant remember the name of the other one! but its not far from the 5* resorts...to be honest im just trying to get an insight into the relative areas intecontinental seems more residential but dont know if this will ge good for investment???
Dear Zahara,
Hghadaa Village have some points about the location as following:
- Shell Gas Station beside the project
- Mosque in front of the project Call for the prayers 5 times a day and one of
them at 5 Am.
-Behind the Project Hurghada High way and Airport.

For different areas in Hurghada there is amazing projects Beach front in El Ahyaa Area, Amazing Development in El Kawther area which I highly recommend it for you, what I suggest is you should come and make a tour here in hurghada and then you will realy have a big clear idea about where is yes and where is no, and if you can't come you welcome to ask any questions
and we sure will answer it for you.

I hope my answer cleared the point you was asking about

Best Regards
George
Hurghada

Z

zahara

Dear Zahara,
Hghadaa Village have some points about the location as following:
- Shell Gas Station beside the project
- Mosque in front of the project Call for the prayers 5 times a day and one of
them at 5 Am.
-Behind the Project Hurghada High way and Airport.

For different areas in Hurghada there is amazing projects Beach front in El Ahyaa Area, Amazing Development in El Kawther area which I highly recommend it for you, what I suggest is you should come and make a tour here in hurghada and then you will realy have a big clear idea about where is yes and where is no, and if you can't come you welcome to ask any questions
and we sure will answer it for you.

I hope my answer cleared the point you was asking about

Best Regards
George
Hurghada

Thanks George!!! I was aware of these points but was advised the views will be unspoilt, location is still good and somewhat smaller development which makes it stand out compared to the rest!!! All the other develpments seem to offer the same am wondering how my investment will be different...but neverless thanks for you input. I am hoping to visit hurghada soon to have a look around. Its very expensive at the moment with package deals. Can you confirm what new developmetnt you are talking about please in El kawther and Al Ahya (not heard of his area). and your answer cleared the hurghada village point...any views on intercontinental district? opposite 5*hotels...:)

Many Thanks

Zahara

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Thanks George!!! I was aware of these points but was advised the views will be unspoilt, location is still good and somewhat smaller development which makes it stand out compared to the rest!!! All the other develpments seem to offer the same am wondering how my investment will be different...but neverless thanks for you input. I am hoping to visit hurghada soon to have a look around. Its very expensive at the moment with package deals. Can you confirm what new developmetnt you are talking about please in El kawther and Al Ahya (not heard of his area). and your answer cleared the hurghada village point...any views on intercontinental district? opposite 5*hotels...:)

Many Thanks

Zahara
Dear Zahara
I don't know about your budget but in General the developments in El Kawther area as follows:

Red Sea Pharoh
British Resort
West Side Village
El Kawther Dreams where all units are 2 beds
Sara's Residence

For Intercontinental Area front of 5* Hotels:
Regency Continental II
Regency Crash Pads
Lotus Breeze

For El Ahyaa Area Beach front projects:
The amazing Oasis Marina Project
Regency BEach
Harmony
Hania Beach

at end i realy advice you don't buy before you come here and see everything by your self as realy you will have the real feeling

I hope my answer was clear and if you need any information or have any question don't hesitate to ask and I will be Glad to answer.

Regards
George
Hurghada Base :)

Z

zahara

Dear Zahara
I don't know about your budget but in General the developments in El Kawther area as follows:

Red Sea Pharoh
British Resort
West Side Village
El Kawther Dreams where all units are 2 beds
Sara's Residence

For Intercontinental Area front of 5* Hotels:
Regency Continental II
Regency Crash Pads
Lotus Breeze

For El Ahyaa Area Beach front projects:
The amazing Oasis Marina Project
Regency BEach
Harmony
Hania Beach

at end i realy advice you don't buy before you come here and see everything by your self as realy you will have the real feeling

I hope my answer was clear and if you need any information or have any question don't hesitate to ask and I will be Glad to answer.

Regards
George
Thanks George,

I am hoping to book my tickets today can i just ask of the 3 areas..what would be your recomendation? My budget is around 30,000GBP but i just want to invest in the best area close to all the tourist facilites and one that will easily be rented and go up in value. Obviously agents will all ramble on about their own developments but i just want a subjectiive view of the areas. This is just incase i cant make it to hurghada myself :) and then i can decide on what developments to look at! Also do you think its important for a development to have pools etc to be attractive or being close to the main promenade is enough?

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Thanks George,

I am hoping to book my tickets today can i just ask of the 3 areas..what would be your recomendation? My budget is around 30,000GBP but i just want to invest in the best area close to all the tourist facilites and one that will easily be rented and go up in value. Obviously agents will all ramble on about their own developments but i just want a subjectiive view of the areas. This is just incase i cant make it to hurghada myself :) and then i can decide on what developments to look at! Also do you think its important for a development to have pools etc to be attractive or being close to the main promenade is enough?
Dear Zahara

I will not recommend for you a specific development as I analyze different projects and tell you facts as I'm free not attached to a specific development
But in General I recommend you El Kawther Area, and El Ahyaa Area,
and sure swimming pools are very important plus being near to the promenade

Regards
George
Hurghada Base

L

Lsab

Hi Zahara,

Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday but I was away for the day. I think George was able to answer your questions though.

I think that although agents will of course, try to sell you what's on their books, most of them are selling most of the developments.They'll try to fit your requirements to the right place and not try to flog one over another! (At least those that post on this forum anyway!).

As someone who hasn't yet been out there but has bought in Hurghada :eek:, I would say that you really must go and see for yourself. You could wait for flights to come down in price but either way, you'll be spending many thousands of your hard earned cash so a bit extra spent on flights will be well worth it :)

Anything I can help with, just shout.

Best wishes
Linda

Last edited:
A

amzee

hey everyone -

first of all i just wanted to start by saying thank you to everyone who has responded to me around research on what would be a good investment - much appreciated.

from all the reading i have done, it seems that i need to visit egypt, in order to get a real feeling of what would be a great investment....

i have potentially booked a trip for the end of August and was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me a good central location i could go to??

from what i have read - Sahl Hasheesh, hurgadah, Sharm etc seem to be great investments (basically around the Red SEa) so where would a good inspection holiday stay be?

thanking you all in advance....

Amit

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
hey everyone -

first of all i just wanted to start by saying thank you to everyone who has responded to me around research on what would be a good investment - much appreciated.

from all the reading i have done, it seems that i need to visit egypt, in order to get a real feeling of what would be a great investment....

i have potentially booked a trip for the end of August and was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me a good central location i could go to??

from what i have read - Sahl Hasheesh, hurgadah, Sharm etc seem to be great investments (basically around the Red SEa) so where would a good inspection holiday stay be?

thanking you all in advance....

Amit
Dear Amit
I would recommend you stay in Hurghada as its in the middle and, 15 minuts from El Gouna, 10 minutes from Sahl Hasheesh, and if you want to go to sharm we can reserve for you the fast ferry which takes 90 minutes to vist Sharm El Sheikh, As you know Hurghada, El Gouna, Sahl Hasheesh properties are free hold while Sharm is Lease hold 99 years, I understand you coming end of August.
PLease if you have any further question don't hesitate to ask will be glad to answeer you.

Regards
George
Hurghada Base ;)

A

amzee

George / Linda

thank you so much for your kind help.....

so Hurgadah would be the best place to stay regarding an inspection trip.....

are the destinations 10-15mins by public transport? if so, this locaation would be ideal, is it also a great location for just relaxing and enjoying the sunshine, with good resorts etc?? as part of the trip will also be a relaxing holiday with my g/f.....

can anyone recommend any good hotels? flights plus accommodation are comming to around £500+ its so expensive at the end of august...

yes, a ferry trip to Sharm would be great if it is only 90mins.....as we would like to see that as well...although i would haev to run all this past my g/f first :)

what developments would be good to go and visit in hurgadah, El Gouna, Sahl Hasheesh? from my understanding are Sahl and El Gouna prestigious resorts to invest in?

thank you again for all your help :)

AMit

L

Lsab

Hi Amit - did you look at my previous post as I gave the links to threads for hotels and flights. I'm sure there would be some useful information on those pages.

As for public transport, have a look at this:http://www.totallyproperty.com/egyptian-lounge/5786-hurghada-transportations-2.html, in particular post #11.

Sharm, Sahl Hasheesh, El Gouna and Hurghada are all very different places, so you must see them all to decide what is best for you. If money was no object, El Gouna would be the place for me, followed by Sahl but you might think very differently. My understanding is that El Gouna and Sahl are prestigious resorts while Hurghada is cheaper and very lively, some areas more prestigious than others!

(Did you get my second PM?)

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
George / Linda

thank you so much for your kind help.....

so Hurgadah would be the best place to stay regarding an inspection trip.....

are the destinations 10-15mins by public transport? if so, this locaation would be ideal, is it also a great location for just relaxing and enjoying the sunshine, with good resorts etc?? as part of the trip will also be a relaxing holiday with my g/f.....

can anyone recommend any good hotels? flights plus accommodation are comming to around £500+ its so expensive at the end of august...

yes, a ferry trip to Sharm would be great if it is only 90mins.....as we would like to see that as well...although i would haev to run all this past my g/f first :)

what developments would be good to go and visit in hurgadah, El Gouna, Sahl Hasheesh? from my understanding are Sahl and El Gouna prestigious resorts to invest in?

thank you again for all your help :)

AMit
Dear Amit
Before we go far can you give us a hint about your budget? because this will help to narrow your researsh to specific properties and location, and hotels to recommend how much money or budget for accomodation you have?
Regards
George

A

amzee

Linda/George

Linda i got your PM - and was just about to respond to it - thanks for your helpful information....i am reading up a lot on the internet.....too much reading for such a hot day!!

George, my budgets would be around up to 70K for investment as i think that this would be reasonable with a good payment plan for a studio or 1 bed.....any resports/developments? i would ideally like to get into the first phase - however not essential as long as there is a good rental and resale market for what i buy

as for holiday i was thinking around 400-450 /person for flights and acommodation...however this is proving difficult for the last 2weeks in august!!! (not including spending money),any suggestions?

i was thinking about chancing it and doing a last minute deal?!?

thanks very much again guys

Amit

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Linda/George

Linda i got your PM - and was just about to respond to it - thanks for your helpful information....i am reading up a lot on the internet.....too much reading for such a hot day!!

George, my budgets would be around up to 70K for investment as i think that this would be reasonable with a good payment plan for a studio or 1 bed.....any resports/developments? i would ideally like to get into the first phase - however not essential as long as there is a good rental and resale market for what i buy

as for holiday i was thinking around 400-450 /person for flights and acommodation...however this is proving difficult for the last 2weeks in august!!! (not including spending money),any suggestions?

i was thinking about chancing it and doing a last minute deal?!?

thanks very much again guys

Amit
Dear Amit
with this budget I highly recommend Sahl Hasheesh Beach front projects for you such as Palm BEach Piazza, El Andalous, Ocean Breeze
I can't PM you :( with details as also can't make any promotional posts

Regards
George
Hurghada Base

Status
Not open for further replies.