Help / Advice / Where to Buy in Egypt

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Smart Money

thanks for the advice rossantony. sahl hasheesh seems to have great potential. ill check out the developments in this area.

Thanks again!

J

johnnyM

contact

well if you find anything out let me knoe as im going out in 13th June to finalise everything!!!

Sarahx
Sarah

Hi have noticed you are in Hurghada on the 19th June when we fly out. We plan to see Desert Pearl on the 22nd. Can you give us any advice.? Tis our first visit. Not very experienced in Egyptian property.
Regards
John

S

Sarah C

Sarah

Hi have noticed you are in Hurghada on the 19th June when we fly out. We plan to see Desert Pearl on the 22nd. Can you give us any advice.? Tis our first visit. Not very experienced in Egyptian property.
Regards
John
Hi,

I Would imagine that Jeff will be showing you around, have you bought at DP?? You are more that welcome to come and see our apartment when you are there, just get jeff to call me on the mobile.

Where are you staying? Hurghada is a great place, the Egyptian can come across a bit pushy trying to get you to go into their shops but they mean no harm, a firm no or no response at all seems to work.

Buying Property in Egypt is still an evolving market, considering you will be buying in Egypt the process isnt that bad. Any help i can be please ask.

One last thing, make sure you get a feeling for the area you are looking in, we loved the location of Desert Pearl, its in walking distance to the main promenade and beach etc.

From reading this forum you may feel a little wary, but if you go with an open mind you will fall in love with it like we have!!

Sarahx

N

NewbieUK

Thanks all for helpful info...

I've also seen the postings on DP so slightly concerned by the performance of this development group!

Do you know of any other small (less than 100 units) developments that are not WWD in Hurghada? I'd like to do a comparison but its hard to know whos behind which builds....

Cheers!

L

Lsab

Last edited:
NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Thanks all for helpful info...

I've also seen the postings on DP so slightly concerned by the performance of this development group!

Do you know of any other small (less than 100 units) developments that are not WWD in Hurghada? I'd like to do a comparison but its hard to know whos behind which builds....

Cheers!
Don't read too much in to the other postings as there are people that are happy and others that are not. You will never please everyone and this is a new market for agents, developers, investors etc... There will always be teething problems but you need to see what are done about them and WWD have put lots of time and money into sorting out the issues. You will find several developments in Hurghada have been started but not finished due to lack of money, at least this one has been completed and to be fair to them to a not too bad quality. These have been built by hand with no expensive tools or machines, they will not be perfect and for the money you will find it hard to find anything of this standard anywhere in the world. Good luck with your search, let me know if you find anything.

N

NewbieUK

Thanks Neil - appreciate the balanced view.

I'm just rather cautious :)

As a diver looking for potential getaways to the sun do you think this is a good development for my needs. I'm keen to stay clear of the bigger developments as I'm not a fan of pools overrun by screaming kids!!

All advice so far has been very helpful and much appreciated - thanks

L

Lsab

I thought I'd look up some more threads that you might find useful.

http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/6928-where-have-you-bought-egypt-why-12.html

http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/5290-reason-i-buy-resort-communities-such-el-gouna-sahl-hasheesh-etc-8.html

http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/7843-help-advice-where-buy-egypt-3.html

Of course there's all the individual development threads too.

There's also this thread for new members: http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/7507-quick-links-new-members.html

If you need any help finding your way around the forum just give me a shout

(There's also a new development called Regency Crash Pads that's aimed at divers and is more or less what it says - a place to crash! They're studio apartments - and amongst other things, each has a locker to store dive gear.)

Best wishes

Linda

Last edited:
V

vix

Don't read too much in to the other postings as there are people that are happy and others that are not. You will never please everyone and this is a new market for agents, developers, investors etc... There will always be teething problems but you need to see what are done about them and WWD have put lots of time and money into sorting out the issues. You will find several developments in Hurghada have been started but not finished due to lack of money, at least this one has been completed and to be fair to them to a not too bad quality. These have been built by hand with no expensive tools or machines, they will not be perfect and for the money you will find it hard to find anything of this standard anywhere in the world. Good luck with your search, let me know if you find anything.
I chose WWD because thet are established and UK based. Of course there have been teething probs, but in my opinion, ( and I stress my opinion, I do not wish to speak for others,) I have recieved value for money, and have no probs with either the build or WWD. I would endorse WWD and would deal with them again. At least I know my money is safe.

J

johnnyM

Hi,

I Would imagine that Jeff will be showing you around, have you bought at DP?? You are more that welcome to come and see our apartment when you are there, just get jeff to call me on the mobile.

Where are you staying? Hurghada is a great place, the Egyptian can come across a bit pushy trying to get you to go into their shops but they mean no harm, a firm no or no response at all seems to work.

Buying Property in Egypt is still an evolving market, considering you will be buying in Egypt the process isnt that bad. Any help i can be please ask.

One last thing, make sure you get a feeling for the area you are looking in, we loved the location of Desert Pearl, its in walking distance to the main promenade and beach etc.

From reading this forum you may feel a little wary, but if you go with an open mind you will fall in love with it like we have!!

Sarahx

Hi Sarah
Thanks for the advice. Actually i don't know who is showing us around apart from it is through a company called International Dreams.
No we have not bought anywhere yet, just trying to get a feel of the place and have arranged a few viewings between 20th and 22nd.
We are staying at the Minamark Hotel on kornish rd ? Don't know anything about it. As you say we will take it as we find it and are pretty open about everything. Do you know how much we should be paying for a Taxi from Hurghada Airport to the hotel ? We arrive at 12.30 midnight from what i have read it sounds easy to get ripped off.
The properties we are looking at are this:
British Resort
Oasis Marina
West Side Village
Harmony Lagoon
Regency Continental/Beach/Towers
Lotus Breeze
Coral Sea Pearl
Desert Pearl
Egyptian Pearl
Pearl Vista

We have been told there is only one apartment left at desert pearl but we are keen to see how it looks now it's finished.

We have also hired a car on the 20th and plan to drive down as far as Marsa Alam if we can. The Marsa Alam beach resort although not started yet looks interesting. We thought it would be nice to check out the area.
Any advice on driving ? is it too far ? is it safe ? Any advice ?

Thank You for the offer to see your apartment we may take you up on it

Thanks

John

L

Leila

Hi Sarah
Thanks for the advice. Actually i don't know who is showing us around apart from it is through a company called International Dreams.
No we have not bought anywhere yet, just trying to get a feel of the place and have arranged a few viewings between 20th and 22nd.
We are staying at the Minamark Hotel on kornish rd ? Don't know anything about it. As you say we will take it as we find it and are pretty open about everything. Do you know how much we should be paying for a Taxi from Hurghada Airport to the hotel ? We arrive at 12.30 midnight from what i have read it sounds easy to get ripped off.
The properties we are looking at are this:
British Resort
Oasis Marina
West Side Village
Harmony Lagoon
Regency Continental/Beach/Towers
Lotus Breeze
Coral Sea Pearl
Desert Pearl
Egyptian Pearl
Pearl Vista

We have been told there is only one apartment left at desert pearl but we are keen to see how it looks now it's finished.

We have also hired a car on the 20th and plan to drive down as far as Marsa Alam if we can. The Marsa Alam beach resort although not started yet looks interesting. We thought it would be nice to check out the area.
Any advice on driving ? is it too far ? is it safe ? Any advice ?

Thank You for the offer to see your apartment we may take you up on it

Thanks

John
West Side Village was just being started when I was there in April. Part of the development has been built for some time but I haven't seen anything being done to it for about a year! it's just down the road from DP and CSP and Regency Towers. It's a nice area to be in, others are well out of town. Don't know the others.
As far as driving is concerned I was told that the Egyptian rule for driving is that there is no rule!! good luck, they drive like maniacs on a suicide mission!

J

johnnyM

West Side Village was just being started when I was there in April. Part of the development has been built for some time but I haven't seen anything being done to it for about a year! it's just down the road from DP and CSP and Regency Towers. It's a nice area to be in, others are well out of town. Don't know the others.
As far as driving is concerned I was told that the Egyptian rule for driving is that there is no rule!! good luck, they drive like maniacs on a suicide mission!
Hi Leila
Thanks for the warning about driving ! I plan to take some pics of each development and will gladly post on the forum if you want to see any.

regards
john

A

amzee

Property Investment

hi everyone - just wanted to introduce myself and say that im relatively new to the investment business (in egypt) and to the forum.

i have recently invested in UAE and am now looking to do something with my sister in egypt.

i have been keeping up to date with the forum and have found that everyone seems to be very helpful - so i thought what better place to start :)

im looking to invest in egypt however i cannot find which area (gamsha, sharm, hurgadah, shal hasheesh etc) would be good to invest in or up and comming resorts??!?

also with the UAE investment i went through Dream Homes world wide - is there an equivelent agency whom deals with properties in Egypt that are reliable and have good service?? can anyone recommend any good agencies i can contact?

ideally im looking for a beachfront apartment, sea views, private beaches etc etc...great from a rental and investment perspective..

i hope someone can point me in the right direction please and any help would be greatly appreciated.....

thanking you all in advance

Amzee

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Amzee and welcome.

I have merged your thread with this one where you might find some information.

There is an intro thread here http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/7843-help-advice-where-buy-egypt.html and a thread for newbies here http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/7507-quick-links-new-members.html

TP has lots of helpful members so feel free to ask away. Any problems with navigating the forum please give one of the moderators a shout, Lsab ( Linda ) Lyndsay and myself Alison.

Good luck

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
hi everyone - just wanted to introduce myself and say that im relatively new to the investment business (in egypt) and to the forum.

i have recently invested in UAE and am now looking to do something with my sister in egypt.

i have been keeping up to date with the forum and have found that everyone seems to be very helpful - so i thought what better place to start :)

im looking to invest in egypt however i cannot find which area (gamsha, sharm, hurgadah, shal hasheesh etc) would be good to invest in or up and comming resorts??!?

also with the UAE investment i went through Dream Homes world wide - is there an equivelent agency whom deals with properties in Egypt that are reliable and have good service?? can anyone recommend any good agencies i can contact?

ideally im looking for a beachfront apartment, sea views, private beaches etc etc...great from a rental and investment perspective..

i hope someone can point me in the right direction please and any help would be greatly appreciated.....

thanking you all in advance

Amzee
Dear Amzee
from what I read of your type and specifications for investment i feel you talking about Sahl Hasheesh, its direct on the beach, private beach, sea view, 18 months ago 1 bed was for 30000 GBP and now its 70000 GBP, in my opinion it will be more attractive than any where else specialy on return on investment and rent as its a unique product and no compatison with any where else, I believe you should come and see the area by your self and after you see you you will know that I was right :)

Regards
George
Hurghada

Z

zahara

Intercontinental district vs touristic region

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has input on ther above regions, have come across 2 developments in Hurghada...1 rather small block of apartments in the 5*resort area of intercontinental district not far from Lotus Breeze, steinberger hotel etc...This does not have own facilites but you can use the hotels facilites and its not far from promenade and beach

the other is among the desert pearls/saras residence etc in the touristic area which are obviously much larger and host their own facilites and again not far from the beach, main promenade etc...anyone have any views on what the better location is to invest in in terms of capital appreciation/rental opportunities etc?

I would apprecite any input!!!

L

Lsab

Hi Zahara, welcome to the forum

What are the names of the two developments as we may already have active threads on them?

If you need any help finding your way around the forum just give one of the moderators a shout.

Very best wishes

Linda

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has input on ther above regions, have come across 2 developments in Hurghada...1 rather small block of apartments in the 5*resort area of intercontinental district not far from Lotus Breeze, steinberger hotel etc...This does not have own facilites but you can use the hotels facilites and its not far from promenade and beach

the other is among the desert pearls/saras residence etc in the touristic area which are obviously much larger and host their own facilites and again not far from the beach, main promenade etc...anyone have any views on what the better location is to invest in in terms of capital appreciation/rental opportunities etc?

I would apprecite any input!!!
Have you seen anything beach front in El Ahyaa Area between hurghada and El Gouna as there is 5 stars beach front projects
Regards
George
Hurghada

Status
Not open for further replies.