Hello from Bodrum

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lorraine

Hello All

My name is Lorraine,
I live in Bodrum and have done for the past five years although I having been visiting this beautiful country for 17 years.Originally from London I have now made Turkey my home as has my sister who has been married to a Bodrum guy for 15years and they have two beautiful girls who are fluent in both Turkish & English.
I work for a Property Management Company that has been set up by a Turkish Guy who has lived and owned businesses in London for nearly 30 years
and upon purchasing property on the Bodrum peninsula realised the need for a professional Management company that can provide property owners a service that will cover and fufill all their needs.
If you have purchased a property for investment and have any worries about leaving your property in the right hands while your at home you need look no further.
Alternatively if you have any questions about Bodrum ask away !!!

B

bear1

hi lorraine brand new to the property game just had a tour of tuzla,the new golf course area what do you think of this ne w soon to be built estate,thanks.

C

countyboy

Bodrum has seen 33% capital growth in the last 6 months

I have been comparing property prices from a list of developers and they have all increased their prices dramatically
Bodrum has seen a 33% increase in property price's over the last 7months.
Turkey as a whole is topping 2% a month.
I can recommend the Tuzla golf course area. That will definitely pay of in the future. Property prices there will reach record prices in the next 5-10 years.Many people are calling it the New San Tropez of Turkey.
Check out xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx website for a complete buyers guide for Turkey and Bulgaria, with lots of useful info on these countries.

TH4S

TH4S

opitzalex if you are trying to sell property, please do via the correct channels,;)

P

paul-steve

Well our old (best re phrase that ha maybe not) m8 has finally found totallyproperty Hi Lorraine

S

Sunnyshores

Hi Lorraine (and others)

I have a couple of questions about Bodrum if I may.

We have brought a new build in Turkbuku, mainly for rental reasons. At present it seems that rentals will only be July and August, despite the development having all facilities open from April to October. ? My opinion is that this is because at present only Turks holiday there and they only have Jul/Aug off. Do you think this is true ? Do you think over time the season will become longer?

Secondly, I thought Bodrum (ex Turkbuku) was pretty expensive for petrol, dining, homewares, food in supermarkets etc (I'm talking about shops along the main peninsular drag ie Metro, Kipa, Linens). We usually holiday in Tuscany and I thought that Bodrum prices were pretty similar. I had been led to believe Turkey would be considerably cheaper. Are there cheaper places to shop?

SS

A

applestone

Tuzla Lake

Tuzla Lake is receiving lots of attention and as other members have said, has excellent prospects over the longer term - probably 5 to 10 years. Although many agents / developers will tell you of 30% capital growth per annum this is highly unrealistic. At the moment supply far outstrips demand pegging back capital growth for the next few years. The same issues relate to rentals so if you are relying on rental income to offset or pay your mortgage think again - until demand is higher than supply, costs will probably be bigger than profit.

This having been said, I have invested on the lakeside for the longer term growth (pension plan) as well as the fact that it is a fabulous location for holidays for my family. I will be paying cash for my purchase in order to minimise costs and I will be heavily marketing my property for rentals. If I can acheive 10 weeks rentals then I will be happy although the resort I am on - flamingo country club - will be a 12 month resort on completion (Oct 08).

The location of FCC (Tuzla Lake) is wonderful being 15 minutes form Milas-Bodrum International Airport, 20 minutes from cosmopolitan Bodrum Town and sandwiched between sea and lakeside. A new website promoting the whole Tuzla area including all the resorts can be found on google - just google flamingo country club - this contains news, views and photos of the whole area. It is also the home of buyers on all resorts in the region - the flamingo country club owners group - of which I am a member. This is an active group providing support to each other as well as sharing news and information.

Professional local opinion is that once all the infrastructure issues have been sorted out at Tuzla, this region will explode in value. I happen to share that view.

I hope this information is helpful.

S

steve brentano

Hi Lorraine
Lucky you living in Bodrum, I am looking for some one (English speaking preferably, as my Turkish is rubbish) to clean, and wash the linen and towels after renting out my house, It might be only 2 or 3 times per year so I don't want an annual contract with a management company, as the charges would take most of my rental income. do you know of any one or even a company near Tuzla who would be interested????

A

applestone

Try [email protected] - a very useful contact in Bodrum

Hi Steve

You should contact Simon Cuss as he is extremely knowledgeable about the area and has lots of useful contacts. He is based in Milas just a few miles from Tuzla. Not wanting to plug him too much - because he is a builder by trade he is great for snagging and problem solving etc. Simon can also organise very competitive furniture packages direct from the regions largest supplier, not just for Bodrum but also Fethiye, Marmaris, Dalaman, Didm etc.

All in all a very useful bloke to know.

TH4S

TH4S

Hi Lorraine
Lucky you living in Bodrum, I am looking for some one (English speaking preferably, as my Turkish is rubbish) to clean, and wash the linen and towels after renting out my house, It might be only 2 or 3 times per year so I don't want an annual contract with a management company, as the charges would take most of my rental income. do you know of any one or even a company near Tuzla who would be interested????
Steve I have not heard from Lorraine for a long time,

If anyone wants furniture pack's try Turkish furniture packs, Turkey furniture,apartment villa furnishings

S

steve brentano

Thanks Applestone Will give him a try
keep smiling Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.