ad

Hello all need advice

J

Jade295B

Guys who can advise you on how to do it! I want to buy a house with debts hi. Picked up an apartment, we want to buy. The owner has a large debt.He has nothing to pay before the deal. We do not want to lend and make an advance payment is also at risk. Maybe he'll pay the debt with our money and wave his hand at us. How can this problem be solved correctly? Thank you in advance.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
Can you clarify exactly what you are looking to do - lend money to a third party using an apartment as security? Or are you making the first payment on a new development?

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
Would it be possible to stipulate that the debt must be paid from the purchase money and must be paid directly by the lawyer who deals with the sale to make sure it is done?

P

PostBrexitInvestor

That would make perfect sense @Veronica although would you be able to get sufficient legal protection if you were a foreign nation buying overseas? Are there any legal issues to be aware of?

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
That would make perfect sense @Veronica although would you be able to get sufficient legal protection if you were a foreign nation buying overseas? Are there any legal issues to be aware of?
If I were a foreign national and not on the spot I would never consider buying anything that had any issues which might come back and bite me.

F

FWL

I remember those issues with property in Northern Cyprus which had been sold and resold many times but apparently "stolen" many years earlier during the conflicts. There is nothing a political party wont do to curry favour with potential supporters.