Health Care in Egypt - insurance, opticians, dentistry, hopitals etc

B

Bidoum

Health insurance informations

Hello,
Can you give me an website adress about the health insurance you are speaking about ?
Did you contract this insurance for you ? Is it good ?
I'm moving to Egypt after 3 months and i'm looking for a good health insurance for all my family. But international health insurance is really too expensive (like 1700 euro for 1 year).

Thanks for your help.

Bidoum.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hello,
Can you give me an website adress about the health insurance you are speaking about ?
Did you contract this insurance for you ? Is it good ?
I'm moving to Egypt after 3 months and i'm looking for a good health insurance for all my family. But international health insurance is really too expensive (like 1700 euro for 1 year).

Thanks for your help.

Bidoum.
Hi there are lots out there including those previously mentioned. Also see International Health and Medical Insurance Expatriate Cover - Medibroker - and Allianz -

L

lyndsay552

Hi has anyone given a thought to health insurance. I have found out the following for those in in Egypt. A package has been made especially for foreign residents.

The price for a complex package is about 1500 LE per year (~190 Euro). You get the insurance at the Nile Hospital, El Gouna Hospital, El Salam Hospital and Red Sea Hospital in Hurghada. You will be able to get more info from the hospitals.

The Nile package coverage is without limit for cost, easy access: no pre-examination, all ages, for women free deliveries and a pay-back-system for renewers. also free post-mortem-storage.

Royal Care Internation has 3 packages 1000le per annum, 1500 and 2000.
Hi Alison,

Can you remember where you got this info from? I've checked out the hospitals but cannot find any details about the health care packages.

Thanks

Lyndsay

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Alison,

Can you remember where you got this info from? I've checked out the hospitals but cannot find any details about the health care packages.

Thanks

Lyndsay
Hi Lyndsay leave it with me and see if I can find it. The problem being that alot of info I saved was on my PC that I cannot access the internet and my faves. This was due to trying to download a new anti virus software before I deleted the old one and had to then buy a laptop. See what I can find xx

N

not_terry

How about hospitals in / near Sharm.

Do you have specific link for the package you mentioned at the beginning of this thread

tnx

N

not_terry

sorry just seen the links above - but still wonder about hospitals in Sharm ??

L

Lsab

Alison (Queenie40something) is brilliant for all things Sharm but she's having problems with her net connection today. I know she'll get back to you as soon as she's able.

N

not_terry

Hi
Ive tried all these links but I can't seem to find simply a page that gives details of the cover, prices and how to book!! Especially in Sharm

please help!!

queenie40something

queenie40something

How about hospitals in / near Sharm.

Do you have specific link for the package you mentioned at the beginning of this thread

tnx
Hi Kerry try Royal Care Internationl as they cover Sharm as well. You can emai them from the website for details of packages and prices. There is Sharm Hospital and Sharm International Hospital as well as lots of clinics in Sharm. Most cases that need major treatment are sent to hospitals in Cairo.
You can get an online quote here International Health Insurance | International Medical Insurance for expats | Goodhealth Worldwide and Site Not Found and Expat Health Insurance | Expatriate International Medical Care | Expacare

N

not_terry

Has any one actually been successful in obtaining a quote / booking a plan. The Royal Care International link now takes me to a holding page advertising Carribean cruises and Good health world wide quoted between £1000 and £3000 UK Sterling !!

N

not_terry

Health care international are also coming out at about £1500 sterling with £175 excess. Queenie40something i think there may be something wrong with the links you posted
International Health Insurance | International Medical Insurance for expats | Goodhealth Worldwide is all joined as one link to good health world wide and Expat Health Insurance | Expatriate International Medical Care | Expacare is all joined as one link to expacare. I have not been able to contact nile hospital at all. Simply cant find any quotes around the £150 to £250 mentioned :)

V

vix

Health care international are also coming out at about £1500 sterling with £175 excess. Queenie40something i think there may be something wrong with the links you posted
International Health Insurance | International Medical Insurance for expats | Goodhealth Worldwide is all joined as one link to good health world wide and Expat Health Insurance | Expatriate International Medical Care | Expacare is all joined as one link to expacare. I have not been able to contact nile hospital at all. Simply cant find any quotes around the £150 to £250 mentioned :)
Not having a young family anymore, I never bother with health insurance. I have recieved exellent treatment in Jordan, never having paid more than £7.00 per visit, which includes blood and urine tests. Xray usually around £20.00 and this is immediate service. Flew to Cyprus for an op. Cost £700.00 and accomodation was 5* x 3nights. Egyptian friends tell me health care is on par with Jordan, so thats good enough for me. Close enough to both Israel and Cyprus for emergencies and they both far surpass NHS treatment in the UK.

V

vix

dentist

I'm hoping George or someone having experienced an Egyptian dentist can help me with this one. I'm in desperate need, and the Dubai dentist'd are very expensive.

L

Lsab

I'm not sure Vix, but I think somebody at some time did recommend a dentist. I'd check for you but I need to get dinner started - have you tried using the forum tools? If you have no luck or if Alsion doesn't come up with the answer I'll check for you later.