Have you considered tax planning with your property investments?

R

realdeals

More and more it is becoming essential that those invested in property should do so alongside the most tax efficient vehicles and tax efficient methods. Whether looking to shield from excessive income tax, capital gains tax or even inheritance tax, it is important to consider tax planning at the same time as investment. How many people actually do this?

L

lookinginvest

This is something I will be looking at in the future. As my portfolio grows, the attractions of a limited company become more real. My idea for the future is simple. I want to build up my portfolio and rental income and then eventually sell the portfolio as one lot. As I would just be selling ownership of the company, which owns the properties, there would be no need for any sales documentation for each property. The company would still own the properties but somebody else would own the company.

J

justcallmeequity

hello everyone glad to be in this forum. I have a question if anyone can help me. it might not be the correct thread but i could not find any similar.

I bought my house in 2007 at a price on 177K with my wife. lived in it and in 2015 I bought her out
re-mortgaging and price valuation was 280K in 2015. i gave her 60% I kept 40%.

I continued to live in the property until 2017 , so from 2007 to 2017 I lived in the property.

In 2017 I started to rent the whole house until today, which make it 5 years now.

I am now thinking to sale that house and the valuation is 320K.

I have to pay capital gains from 2007? or from when I re-bought my house at 280K to buy her out.

Considering I was living in my house for 10 years, 2007 to 2017 I don't pay for those years. but if CGT is gonna be from when the house became all mine that would make that I lived in the house just 2 years before I rented it out.

how do I calculate the CGT in this case. is a bit confusing to me because of the time I lived in the house and the time the house became all mine. if someone has an idea would be appreciated.