habitation certificate

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mnoone

I am considering buying another property in Turkey. An agent who is marketing property tells me that the property has no habitation certification, (property was built in 2006) The agent also tells me because no habitation cert exists than it is not possible to obtain mortgage. However the owner tells me that he has paid for habitation certificate. He says it covers the whole block. How can I check who is correct.

Sunny Days

Sunny Days

I am considering buying another property in Turkey. An agent who is marketing property tells me that the property has no habitation certification, (property was built in 2006) The agent also tells me because no habitation cert exists than it is not possible to obtain mortgage. However the owner tells me that he has paid for habitation certificate. He says it covers the whole block. How can I check who is correct.

The agent is sceptical - doesnt that ring alarm bells?
If there is an "alleged" habitation certificate, you need your solicitor to verify the habitation certificate before you apply for the mortgage OR sign anything that commits you to a sale. Do not make any move without a good agent and a good solicitor behind you. DO NOT attempt to buy unless you know that the building is legal.

R

Rentoroni

Yes that does seem a bit worry some don't put any money down or sign anything until you know every detail of the situation. Did you tell the agent what the owner said?

Status
Not open for further replies.