Greece sector international city

A

aziqbal

Does anyone else know about the bad conditions in Greece sector international city?

I've heard single guys have the flats and there is a issue with prostitutes and no one wants to stay there

My question is why hasn't the scums in Nakheel not fixing this issue when we are paying them service charge, I visited few years back and there was security at the entrance and didn't allow anyone but the owners in have they gone now?

How can we fix this issue Because it's effecting our rental prospects

S

Stifenmark

Deal Properly!

Hi,

I do understand your situation, and would like to advice that you need consult with the respective person to short out this problem. However it's a better way to take the necessary steps for solving the problem as son as possible. Have a great day!

Last edited by a moderator:
S

saigal72

Other than that International City on the whole and Greece & Persia especially has become a hub of transport offices and their drivers. They are living in huge numbers in Studios and 1 Beds

No one would like to live there with their families in such atmosphere

eyeC

eyeC

The reason for the development during the planning stage (almost 10 years ago) was to accommodate for workers that will be working on Dubai land so international city wasn't built as luxury apartments and expecting rich executives to live there is naive.

Expecting to see many blue collar workers is normal for IC as to the other issue of prostitutes living there or in certain sectors can be easily reported to the local authority or to Nakhael management.

Maybe this is part of the new marketing strategy one sector is sold lower than other sectors or certain sectors are worth more.

B

BobbytheBuilder

The reason for the development during the planning stage (almost 10 years ago) was to accommodate for workers that will be working on Dubai land so international city wasn't built as luxury apartments and expecting rich executives to live there is naive.

Expecting to see many blue collar workers is normal for IC as to the other issue of prostitutes living there or in certain sectors can be easily reported to the local authority or to Nakhael management.

Maybe this is part of the new marketing strategy one sector is sold lower than other sectors or certain sectors are worth more.
We all know that I.C was never intended to be a luxury complex of apartments but Nakheel should be doing something for the service charge payments. In some clusters you have rubbish every where, the buildings aren't maintained and you have 6-8 people living in a 1 bedroom apartment. I.C is a complete disaster for an International Investor. Its okay if you are a worker and don't mind living in cramped conditions because you cant afford anything else or you are a boss and want to house your workers but for a International Investor its a total nightmare and I can never see it changing.

eyeC

eyeC

I agree most developers are not providing services matching with what they are charging.

specifically for IC removing the security from each building is a big mistake as they dont cost more than 500 AED per month per building if say 80 flats in a building thats only 6.5 AED per month from each owner going to the service charge for having better security for the building. The developer is charging 4000 or so means its nothing compared to the overall fees.

this is a simple calculation and numbers could be different but it shows that most decisions taken by the developer are not for the benefit of the investor or owner we have a clear conflict of interest and they need to apply the new strata law to stop this,

Last edited:
B

BobbytheBuilder

I agree most developers are not providing services matching with what they are charging.

specifically for IC removing the security from each building is a big mistake as they dont cost more than 500 AED per month per building if say 80 flats in a building thats only 6.5 AED per month from each owner going to the service charge for having better security for the building. The developer is charging 4000 or so means its nothing compared to the overall fees.

this is a simple calculation and numbers could be different but it shows that most decisions taken by the developer are not for the benefit of the investor or owner we have a clear conflict of interest and they need to apply the new strata law to stop this,
500AED A month for security per building and they cant even pay that, what a poor poor show. You wonder what idiots they have running these companies to make stupid decisions like this.

Last edited:
J

jwayne592

I've just visited International City today and must admit It seemed a lot better than when I last visited in April this year. The CBD looks very good & the whole area just seemed cleaner & brighter. The gardens looked ok. The only thing that ruins it is the washing on some balconies & some shops looked messy. Good to see prices are finally rising!

H

hashdan

IC..Owner Give a Smile Please

After a Long Wait....We IC owners can smile....
Prices have gone up up up and up

:congrats:

A

aziqbal

Can anyone here confirm how much is the rent for studio in IC Greece sector?

I've rented out mine for 1,800 AED a month and quite happy with that

What's the typical rent there for studio in this block? How much have they gone up

Also is anyone using better livings for property management?

H

hashdan

Rent in Greece Cluster

Now a days
Rental in Greece cluster is approx AED 24,000/- to 28,000/- per annum.

you rented for less..

we can fetch up to 28k per year.

and we are doing it.

A

aziqbal

Now a days
Rental in Greece cluster is approx AED 24,000/- to 28,000/- per annum.

you rented for less..

we can fetch up to 28k per year.

and we are doing it.
Yeah but I'm happy with the set up, it's been 5 years I have let my studio I always get around £300 per month consistently no hassle no trouble, since Sep 2008 which was my first rent until now I have earned just over 120,000 AED even through the rough times it's been on rent Alham

I might think about higher rent after this year, btw what's the value of the studios in Greece sector, I bought mine in 2005 for 288,000 AED by next year I will have made half of it back

H

hashdan

Still not reached 288,000/-

selling at max 280,000/-
but with in few months will cross 300k Mark.

A

alden

general questions .

Still not reached 288,000/-

selling at max 280,000/-
but with in few months will cross 300k Mark.
Hi Hashdan, I have a couple of questions you or other people might be able to answer, we live in the uk and seem to have a great deal of trouble using the epayment system for paying service charges is it a general problem or just us ?. Also is this new building entry system working ?. Final question, how well are studios selling and is it better sell with a tennant or without. Thanks.

A

aziqbal

Is everyone paying service charges? How much is it per year and who and how do we pay?