Good place to live in Thailand

N

nelson

Hi,
As you can tell from my messages, I am totally at a loss for where to live in Thailand. We are basically governed by the fact that we need to live near a good school (international a must). Our daughter currently attends private education in UK and we need to follow this curriculum, as my husband's work involves a lot of traveling so its easier for us to stick to this curriculum. We have a 12 month old and she will need to go into the same system. Anyway, we want to settle in Thailand and want to live somewhere great for kids, lots of fun, near to expat community/shops etc, but also away from the noise and hustle and bustle of city live (we do not mind traveling approximately 1 to 2 hours away from any venue). Please can anyone held, which is what we do now in UK! however schools will need to be somewhere between 20 and 30 mins away from where we settle.
Thanks all.
Nelson

M

moises

Hello,
For your kids, I would suggest you to be in Phuket. There are British International School, Phuket. Established: June 1996 with British Curriculum and International Baccalaureate. You can look at their website: British International School, Phuket
I have been there once. It is not so far from town. Good one in Phuket.
Good luck!
Moises

M

massagelondon

kurs masaz tajski warszawa
holiday home villa rent Bangkok Thailand homestay vacation house rental thai property

as your husband is going to travel internationally you have to settle close to one of the international airports (Bangkok, Phuket & Chang Mai).

chang mai is thailand's second city - but is really o provincial town placed in a nice environment (mountains, jungle).

phuket is a holiday resort island with hotel chains, package tourists and overpriced properties

in bangkok the problem is a heat (some 5 celsius more than in the countryside) and air, light and noice pollution. Unless you find a property with a large garden and away from the street traffic somewhere in the suburbs you will be suffocating.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

gianne

phuket according to global property guide

moises said:
Hello,
For your kids, I would suggest you to be in Phuket. There are British International School, Phuket. Established: June 1996 with British Curriculum and International Baccalaureate...
Moises

Phuket is a hotspot i agree with you. To nelson, It would be better if you take a good look and do some homework/research, be on the lookout for good people that won't steal your money and are well-known in thailand. Consider the positives and negatives of renting or buying your own house, get a guide

International Living - live, retire, travel, relocate, or buy real estate overseas
Global Property Guide - Asia - Thailand: Living There
Lonely Planet - Travel Classifieds

or maybe keep asking the pros in the area. I can give you a list of the best ones:

Global Property Guide - Asia - Thailand: Realtors

and you should go on from there

best of luck!!
gianne

E

egeefay

nelson said:
Hi,
we need to live near a good school (international a must). , but also away from the noise and hustle and bustle of city life somewhere between 20 and 30 mins away from where we settle.
Thanks all.
Nelson
The bigger cities like Bangkok and Chiangmai have international schools. I think Phuket has one too.
You might Cross Bangkok off your list because if you need to be 20 minutes from school you are going to be right in the middle of a bustling city.

Phuket sounds a little more like what you are looking for

M

massagelondon

kurs masaz tajski warszawa
holiday home rent Bangkok vacation house rental accommodation Thailand

there are some 10 international schools in Bangkok, they are all over the city and some of them are in the suburbs.

maybe more importantly will be to find a suitable school and than look for a house around this school.

Last edited:
A

azayavillas

'Chiang mai' is another good choice..

It's the big & civilized city with nice and peaceful people, surrounded by nice view of moutains. The place is also rich by culture. On the other hand, there have been incoming crowd of foreigners over the last decades, who want to spend their holiday and lives after retirement.

Also, there are variety of international schools to support this demand.

Hope you make the best choice!

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Samuinick

Sounds to me like Phuket is the place for you, great international school and you can fly most places from there.
There are different areas of Phuket meaning you can live in the environment that suits you. Its also one of the most mature areas of Thailand, infrastructure, property development etc.
Good luck