Good news stories - post here

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dave99

Incredible - great story

Sounds really great news to find someone so helpful.

:)Just back from Sharm - whilst there I had a shopping list of some electrical items, an ironing board, a set of ladders and a clothes drier - not exactly small items to bring from old Sharm to Nabq in a taxi.

whilst in the electrical shop an Egyptian gentleman got chatting to me and he helped me get a decnt price. Then he drove me in his 4x4 to another shop for the other items where again he helped me negotiate.

He then drove me the 40 mins to Nabq with my purchases and droped me off as he did not think a taxi would be get the items in a normal saloon..

Now that what I call a good news story about the kindness of complete strangers!

Iain

S

simpywimpy

That's really good news Iain. The Egyptians do seem to be much nicer than my experiences in Tunisia.

L

LADY MUKK

Sunset pearl

Hi all

i got back from snagging my apartment at sunset pearl, sahl hasheesh last week and am soooo glad i bought there. The finish is fantastic, my only complaint was a splash of paint on the mirror which was removed with a quick scratch!!!!. Pyramisa have been brilliant to deal with and i cant fault them, they have been so good through all the trouble with a certain uk company that have caused many problems but they have gone out of their way to help and i would definitely deal with them again. They have restored my faith in human nature. Sahl hasheesh is going to be the jewel in pharoahs crown when its all up and running, its so beautiful there:d:d:d

mick and sandra at fantinis(10 min walk) are a mine of info and so kind and friendly, a good place to meet up and excellent beer and food!!!!!:d:d:d

J

Jaz69

Sunset Pearl

Hi Lady Mukk,iv read a couple of your posts and i am also buying on Sunset Pearl.
I will be taking a mortgage with Taamir and plan to rent out to help toward the
payments.My only concern is how much are we able to get back in rent.Do you
plan to rent out your apartment or are you keeping it for yourself.I would be grateful for your opinion.:)

T

tstbubbles

Rental options Sunset pearl

Hi Lady Mukk,iv read a couple of your posts and i am also buying on Sunset Pearl.
I will be taking a mortgage with Taamir and plan to rent out to help toward the
payments.My only concern is how much are we able to get back in rent.Do you
plan to rent out your apartment or are you keeping it for yourself.I would be grateful for your opinion.:)
I am sure that Mukkers will reply but shes not so well at the moment poor love, so if she takes a while bear with her.

I own on Sunset Pearl and will be renting out. As I understand it if you rent out through Pyramisa you get 7% of the purchase price per year guaranteed if you picked that option. You also have the option of not going for this but still using their rental pool service. This means that you must take one of their furniture packs and will receive a percentage of the amount they take for your rental. They are looking at renting them out at £315 per week through an agent but of course you will have all of the fees to take off of this. Your third option for rental is to rent out privately through various websites and agents. With this option you can choose any furniture you wish and can enlist the services of Pyramisa to oversee key handling and cleaning etc and pay them for their services whilst keeping the majority of the rental income.

Many choices and Pyramisa are great as they dont limit you in your rental choices but each will offer different possibilities to you. You will need to decide if you need a guaranteed income to help cover mortgage costs or would be happy to try and rent privately.

The one thing I can say is that it is an excellent complex with a great standard of care and communication from the developers. You will love it.

Hope this helps

Sarah

A

anokayperson

Banned
The stories I am reading is slowly restoring my faith with some dvelopers. Why can't the others go on a course for customer relations - pyramisa seems to be really helping purchasers with renting out their properties, from what I am reading.

J

Jaz69

Sunset Pearl Rental

Thanks for your reply,much appreciated.Hav'nt heard about the guaranteed 7% though,i'd snatch their hands off.The last email i had off them said there was no
guaranteed rental as yet.

C

CMChris

Jaz,
I have an email with rental details on but I can't PM you because you haven't posted enough times! Dated 31/5/09 it states that Pyramisa cannot yet offer a fixed return but the intention is to share profits from their network of international tour operators and will be paid a year in arrears. Don't know if Alison can help with sending you my email address so I can forward it to you. Couldn't agree more with everyone on how fantastic Pyramisa and their team have been sorting everything out for us and its a shame the other companies involved over there don't take leaf from Pyramisa's book on how to behave.

T

tstbubbles

Jaz,
I have an email with rental details on but I can't PM you because you haven't posted enough times! Dated 31/5/09 it states that Pyramisa cannot yet offer a fixed return but the intention is to share profits from their network of international tour operators and will be paid a year in arrears. Don't know if Alison can help with sending you my email address so I can forward it to you. Couldn't agree more with everyone on how fantastic Pyramisa and their team have been sorting everything out for us and its a shame the other companies involved over there don't take leaf from Pyramisa's book on how to behave.
Ooops, its the Pyramisa Hotel that are offering the 10 year guaranteed rental not SP. We are hoping to rent privately though. Thanks for that Chris. Do you happen to know what there fees are likely to be?

Sarah

C

CMChris

Not a clue Sarah. We aren't renting out either, there's a queue of 'friends' at my front door! But it might be worth us looking at a handling agent to organise the cleaning,etc. Be nice if we could rent it out enough to cover the maintenance every year.

J

Jaz69

SP Rental

The Fees with Well Placed are,£100 per year plus 10 per cent of rental.
It will be 65 euros per week to have the apartment cleaned 3 times,this will be done by Pyramisa.

D

danny

The Fees with Well Placed are,£100 per year plus 10 per cent of rental.
It will be 65 euros per week to have the apartment cleaned 3 times,this will be done by Pyramisa.

That is extortionate when you think that a local Egyptian cleaner may get £25 per week if they are lucky. They must be sending in 5 cleaners at a time, 3 times a week.

You will get local European cleaners for less than that and they will do a far superior job.

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Well Placed Apartments are looking for owners who want to rent their apartments out, you can google them to find out contact info.

Georgina

Georgina

Euros 65 for cleaning, GBP10,000 for furniture packs, annual maintenance fee: GBP16/m2 is unbelievable. Will anyone be able to afford to live there or rent there? Is that why it is so quiet? I'm failing to see how it is good news. Thank goodness I live in cheap El Gouna. You can have a live in house boy that will do everything i.e. cook, clean, wash, iron, maintain the pool and garden all for LE1,000 per month. And no I don't have one ;) I am just trying to put it all in perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.