Good Agency for selling my apartment

I

ibp

Hello Adrian,

Selling your Bulgarian property trough a real estate company definitely can be a challenge, as there are not established rules , but in my opinion to determine the current market value of your property will be far more important and a key point for successful sale.

It is not advisable to pay any upfront fee for advertising, anyway the real estate agencies take their commissions once the preliminary contract is signed.

K

Kellyb

Selling in Bulgaria

Hey, im pretty new here, but have had some experience buying and selling property in bulgaria. i found a company that were fantastic to work with, i too had trouble in the beginging trying to find the right estates agents to go with.

someone i knew recomended <snip>to me, i emailed them and they were fantastic, a guy named paul contacted me and from then on it was plain sailing. it was a brilliant service and achieved then end result that i wanted i have since brought from them again and they were still very good

he was english as well, which i found others were not that also put my mind at rest a little.

give them a go if you haven't sold up yet, they made it so stress free for me
good luck
Hello there,

I am trying to sell my 2 bedroom apartment in Lozenets and wondered if you would mind recommending the agent you have used yourself.

Have it advertised with other agents at the mo but no luck to date.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Kelly

K

KayJay

Which one, Kelly? I guess you mean the Lozenets near Bourgas, but there are 3 other places with the same name, including one in Sofia....

K

Kellyb

Which one, Kelly? I guess you mean the Lozenets near Bourgas, but there are 3 other places with the same name, including one in Sofia....
Hi there,

Yes, it is a 2 bedroom apartment in Lozenets near Bourgas !!

G

george170404

Unfortunately I have quite a large portfolio of property in Bulgaria, though luckily for me I bought back in 2003, so the prices have not yet fallen to that level. I have not had much luck with a number of agents in Sofia, as there seems to be very little consistency on price. Some value very high and some very low to sell quickly. When i did find a good one they valued the property accurately (after my own research and looking at the portals in Bulgaria) and achieved buyers recently for 3 of my apartments, after only a few months of marketing them. No upfront fees and a reasonable commission payment on conclusion of the sales.

K

KayJay

P

PhilandIsha

Agent

Hi All,

I'm trying to sell my 3 apartments in St Vlas, I've done the usual and contact as many agents as possible, possibly have around 15 agents trying to sell but i know how bad the market is.
I have also found two agents who say they just deal in selling only so offer a better service, of course, they want 200-300 per apartment to start advertising. Both agents seem OK.... but in the current market was wondering whether it was worth paying an up front fee. I was interested to know if anyone was using or had used these two agents I'm talkiing about and what their impression of sales was, are their sales figures any better than the "free" upfront agents?

HouseSalesBulgaria
resellmyapartment
Hi

My partner and I are new to this forum, so can't post links yet. However, if you pm me I can give you the contact details of a great English couple who sell property here in BG called Julie and Tony. They are marketing my properties for me. Good, trustworthy people!

Isha

L

LouiseHW

Hello Everyone,

5 years ago my father bought a property in Sarofovo, Burgas as an investment opportunity. Whilst over there on a trip he was lucky enough to meet a local, independent solicitor with real estate sales experience.

When we decided to sell the property last year, this solicitor handled the whole of the sale process.

This included advertising the property, viewings with potential buyers, all legal and taxation work, notary representation and more.

It really was a complete service and the solicitor was professional, efficient and totally reliable. Also English speaking he works in Burgas/Sunny Beach areas where he has an excellent reputation.

The property was sold successfully without any work or aggravation on our part :)

I would recommend his services to anyone who has a property in Bulgaria to sell or rent or has any legal problem which they need help with-no matter how small, he will be happy to help!

Please message me for his contact details.

M

MariaReyna

Hi everyone!

As LouiseHW, I have the name of a bulgarian lawyer who can work in Bourgas and Sofia. He speaks English perfectly and he is very affordable. I reccomend him wihout any doubt!

If someone need legal advice there, contact me and I will give your his contact details. The first consultation is free, so ask him any doubts you have!

Very best,

Maria

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LouiseHW

Further to my last post!
If anyone does need a reliable, affordable, English speaking lawyer in Bulgaria to handle the sale or rental of a property please contact me for his details!

Best Wishes to all

Louise Tel:01204 699876

K

KayJay

Hello, Louise - always nice to see a newbie on these boards whose first posts are advertisements, even if ostensibly for someone else.

Bulgaria isn't short of good lawyers who speak English but it IS short of ones who " included advertising the property, viewings with potential buyers, all legal and taxation work, notary representation and more."

In fact, such lawyers are SO rare that I'd be very inclined to ask if this "solicitor" is actually a genuine lawyer! Instead of telephoning you (and who on earth puts their phone number on a forum?) or sending you a PM, why don't you simply tell us who this Jack-of-all-trades is so we can all check him out on the Bar Association web site and see if Google can tell us more about him? Bulgaria may be short of lawyers like this but it certainly isn't lacking in people claiming to be lawyers who have no PI insurance or professional qualifications and whose knowledge is limited, to put it mildly. I'm NOT saying that this is the case with the guy you recommend, but it's always good to know who you're dealing with and most decent lawyers will have enough legal work to do without acting as an estate agent to make ends meet....

D

DrKlau

Hello
I just want to share my sorrow and ask for any advice perhaps from KayJay who seems to know the Bulgarian market.
Last May I took the plunge and bought a 2 bedroom appt in Lozenets Sofia. Its a new building right in front of a park and opposite of Kempinski hotel.
The appartment was not fully finished (act6) and I had to hire another company to do the finishing works and the supply and installation of the appliances and furniture. At last after about 6 months it is finished and fully furnished.
My thought originally was to let it out but out of curiosity I asked an agent what it would fetch should I decide to sell it. I also believe that the EU will eventually break up and Bulgaria will get back in the dark ages.
The answer was unbelievable. She told me about the same price that I had bought the place when half finished! Say what?! Even if I bought a new car it wouldn't have lost 30% off its price in 6 months!
Well obviously the wisest thing to do now is to try to let the place out and wait. Or should I sell and take a big hit? What a headache this Bulgarian experience has given me.
Very sorry for the long post.
Regards

K

KayJay

Hello
I just want to share my sorrow and ask for any advice perhaps from KayJay who seems to know the Bulgarian market.
Last May I took the plunge and bought a 2 bedroom appt in Lozenets Sofia. Its a new building right in front of a park and opposite of Kempinski hotel.
The appartment was not fully finished (act6) and I had to hire another company to do the finishing works and the supply and installation of the appliances and furniture. At last after about 6 months it is finished and fully furnished.
My thought originally was to let it out but out of curiosity I asked an agent what it would fetch should I decide to sell it. I also believe that the EU will eventually break up and Bulgaria will get back in the dark ages.
The answer was unbelievable. She told me about the same price that I had bought the place when half finished! Say what?! Even if I bought a new car it wouldn't have lost 30% off its price in 6 months!
Well obviously the wisest thing to do now is to try to let the place out and wait. Or should I sell and take a big hit? What a headache this Bulgarian experience has given me.
Very sorry for the long post.
Regards
"Kyrie Iatre" ;)

Without knowing just how big this apartment is, what the layout is and how much you paid for it, this is a "how long is a piece of string?" question. The agent may be absolutely right or may be hoping to trick you into selling it to her at a bargain price; you may have paid way too much for it; the building may have some problems you don't know about; the agent may be hoping to sell it quickly and pocket SOME commission; the finishing work may not be very good etc etc.

There are many factors which could determine its present market value but I appreciate that you may prefer not to give any more information on an open forum than you already have. Certainly, many of the new complexes were sold (and are still being sold) at vastly inflated prices to people who aren't familiar with the market and shocks like this aren't that rare, I'm afraid. If you want to add some more information (or make some more posts and communicate via Private message ;) ) then I can give you my opinion, which is purely an opinion and should be treated as such. :D

As for the EU, I share a lot of your pessimism but I don't agree about Bulgaria, as most people here are very careful about borrowing money and taking out mortgages, which makes the banking system reasonably stable and resilient. Only time will tell, of course!

D

DrKlau

Hey KayJay
Thank you so much for taking the time to read and answer to my post. Are you greek? If so that's awesome! You were right to assume that I wouldn't like to reveal so many details about the appartment in here because maybe I will decide to put it for sale but I would very much care to know your opinion on the matter so if you could send me your email mine is cornelius at hush dot com and I can reveal all details. Many thanks and be well.