Golfing resorts in Egypt

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Interestingly, a few posts have been made recently asking the question "is Egypt capable of becoming an international venue for golf" compared to other European and Arab locations.

The Forum would like more of your comments please.

Alan. Coralife-Style Consultants.

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Interestingly, a few posts have been made recently asking the question "is Egypt capable of becoming an international venue for golf" compared to other European and Arab locations.

The Forum would like more of your comments please.

Alan. Coralife-Style Consultants.
Good question Alan and I think Egypt could be fantastic golfing location if they were more realistic about prices. As usual they have made a great start but greed has let them down again, look at Makadi Bay €85 for a round of golf it costs less in Spain. They are not the only ones Bulgaria have done exactly the same, these emerging golf markets need to understand they are years behind the likes of Spain and Portugal in attracting golfers not necessarily in the standard of the courses. If done right they could take a good share of the market away from the more established areas.

If they reduced the green fees got golfers excited about the courses they would be back year on year and then maybe look at increasing the cost. If the 3 courses in Sahl Hasheesh get finished I bet they have high green fees and struggle to attract golfers, listen to this message start low create interest and then increase.

I bet they don't listen!!!!!

Georgina

Georgina

El Gouna attracts a lot of golfers. http://www.elgouna.com/pdf/EG-Golf-FS.pdf

The second golf course has moved a few times and is now under construction in the Ancient Sands project.

The only thing I know about golf is what I have picked up in Wii Sports :s: and that it is expensive.

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

El Gouna attracts a lot of golfers. http://www.elgouna.com/pdf/EG-Golf-FS.pdf

The second golf course has moved a few times and is now under construction in the Ancient Sands project.

The only thing I know about golf is what I have picked up in Wii Sports :s: and that it is expensive.
El Gouna is a good course, designed by Freddy Couples and the Karl Littern designed second course at Ancient Sands looks as though it will be a really good course with lots of facilities. However the last time I played golf at El Gouna I thought it was expensive (although I didn't pay, thanks again Jeremy:smile:). As I said before if done properly Egypt could become an amazing golfing destination and coupled with the world class diving it can offer more than the more established golfing destinations and therefore attract the Portugal/Spanish stalwarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.