Golf course at Larnaca Hassapis

F

frankburke8

Does anyone have any new information regarding the 27 hole golf coarse in Larnaca? When is it due for completion? is there any more golf courses being developed around Larnaca, if so when is building due to start and by completed and what is the locations?

Frank

L

Lysos

Don't hold your breath, Frank. The proposed golf course near Larnaca Airport doesn't even have full planning permission yet. It will be many years- if ever- before there is a golf course in the east of the island.

F

frankburke8

It might be many years like you say but I'm sure the golf courses will come eventually. I've no doubt about that. Again it doesn't really me, but I was under the impression that Hassapis had planning permission and had started the 27 hole Golf Course.

Frank

L

Lysos

As far as I'm aware there is still no detailed planning permission & the government has stipulated that all future golf developments must have their own water supply, not from boreholes, before pp will even be considered !. From what I've seen on my visits over the last 12 months most leisure developments are on hold/being mothballed/abandoned.

M

Mary White

No Water...How can there be a golf course?

Im sure there is good intention with this, but when it will happen only God knows!

L

Lysos

Mary, the only 'good intention' was as a sales ploy by the developers to sell more properties. You are right - there is no water for a golf course.