Golf Club Ibar Property Owners Forum! -bulgaria!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sham0511

Hi, I have just joined the forum and have visited iBar having made a down payment on a Nina Villa. I would agree that some aspects of finish quality need to be kept on top of and I would suggest that all buyers join the RA, as a collective voice has more clout. These issues however did not put me off as I believe that this is a good investment.
On my visit to iBar I made the trip to the Borovets, which took 19 mins. It is common sense that in peak season this will take a little longer, however I like the idea of returning to a Spa after a skiing session. Nearly all of my golfing buddies also ski.
The golf course will have the Nicklaus brand, so I think that it is safe to assume that it will be of a great standard and well run, the setting is also spectacular. All in all I think it is a great buy.

J

jpw

Sham, Thanks for the info and update. Most of my friends also golf and ski (being the natural atheletes that we are!! lol)so it should be the ideal venue for that market.
As for the residents association I agree, the more they have, the stronger the voice. I hope its not called the Ibar Residents Association ?!! :)

D

deedee1

:)Hi all,

welcome to the forum sham!! Glad you enjoyed your trip it is beautiful out there!! Hope you didnt suffer from the 40 o heat out there like we did??

There are some minor issues that Im sure the RA will do its most to try to correct sooner rather than later- well see??

The RA is called " gcira" which stands for "golf club ibar residents association"!!

See ya D :)

P.S-SHAM dont suppose you have a few pictures from your trip you could post on the forum for us to have a look at when you get a chance??

S

sham0511

Hi DeeDee, I went over in mid-July and the weather was a really pleasant 27 degrees. Beacuse the location is in a basin, it seems that it has it's own micro-climate. You can see from the pics that there was a little cloud around the mountains, but clear over the development. It was like that all day.
013 - a completed villa.
016 - view to south east over par 5 2nd and par 3rd holes
017 - view to south towards mountains
025 - view to north. Lighter patches of soil on right are the planned 2nd and 3rd greens
026 - view to north along planned St Andrew's Drive and stage 1
029 - view to west. Main part of planned course and lake (which will no doubt claim 1000's of stray balls.
Cheers - Sham
IBAR 013.jpg

IBAR 016.jpg

IBAR 017.jpg

IBAR 025.jpg

IBAR 026.jpg

IBAR 029.jpg

F

francky

furnishing

Helle everyone ,

It seems like a great club for Ibar development has formed here ! I'm in Semiramida Gardens , Borovets and hoping the same club will be formed for this development too ! Borovets prooving very popular , with the Super Borovets starting 8 October it will be rather interesting there :)

Anyway I have just found very good furnishing company that makes good discounts for 5 and more properties in one development ! If you group you can get quite a fair price :) Just a thought ! PM me if interested !

francky

btw who is the developer of Ibar , does anyone know ?

J

Jain and Chris

Hello Francky

It is to great to hear from you. Perhaps you could put up on here the company you are doing business with. If everyone clubs together they could get a decent discount and it would be supe/

If this board could get an even better deal than that.... which I think they could... it would only take a few people to post and I'll negotiate really hard on your behalf and then who knows what would happen - maybe even 30% discount :)

D

deedee1

:)Evening all,

ANY MORE NEWS ON IBAR YET??:D
ANYONE BEEN ON RECENT VISIT TO IBAR??
DOES ANYONE HAVE SOME PICTURES TO SHARE WITH US??

TAKE CARE-SEE YA D

J

jpw

Only news I know of is on bulgarias finest website and the ibar website whcih states that due to progression of the course and stage 1 selling out, prices for property will go up from dec 1st by 3% to 15% dependent on property type. Other factors quoted are rising buliding costs and 60% of all properties now taken. Must be good news for those who have already purchased ?

F

francky

Fyrniture company

Hi all ,

Sorry for the delay !

The company I'm in contact and have already used are called Sash Design , not sure what was their website. I will check and will post it again !

I have furnished 3 properties with them and I got 15 % discount , the quality was fantastic and the prices they offer are lower then everything I have checked on-line ! They are small company and at the moment competing on price and quality !

Will be back with the website soon !

P

paula

Hi all

I haven't been here in a while as I have been putting off making decisions about visiting etc., but it was great to read all the reviews and especially see the pictures, so a big thankyou to all who provide them.

Paula

N

Nathanz

Hello there,
Figured I should introduce myself.
I am a Canadian citizen who came to Bulgaria via Dubai around 3 years ago and have been married and living Dolna Banya since.

If people who have purchased property at the golf are in need of any information, I am there almost every single day, and am fairly well aware of all the current developments of this small region.

Can help as translator if needed or simply just information about your property, or if needed, suggestions on where to currently invest.

-Nathan

W

W00tton

Nathan

Good to have you around.

I guess we could all do with some information about bars / restaurants in and around Dolna banya.

I'm particularly interested to know any information you have re 'Wellness Island'.

Are you actually involved in the Ibar project at all?

Best Wishes

Alan

N

Nathanz

Well wellness island hasn't actually started, the last rumors I heard was that they were still waiting for investors before starting, I really doubt it is possible to complete the project by the listed date of somewhere in the second quarter of next year.

As for bars and restaurants, as the golf has promised at least 2 new ones but have yet to begin construction, the town of Dolna Banya only has 2 restaurants, neither of which are good at english, one on the main road and one up from the center.
Two cafe-bars one in the center of town listed as Rothman's (rented and run by my family) and another one down the road called 777.

There is also the restaurant at Kedar village, but as a local, I really don't recommend it, the prices are higher and the quality sucks.

Best bet for food and drinks is the Motel driving into town, they have a good menu and english speakers.

Other than all that, your only bet is in Kostenetz which has a semi-nice bar called the Grand and a quaint and wonderful restaurant called Diani, though rather hard to find.

-Nz

Edit : Yeah I am involved in Ibar in a very small and hobby-like type of way.

W

W00tton

Nathan

I'm in Bulgaria next week - staying in Borovets at Alpin Hotel on 6/7/8 Nov.

Any chance of meeting up for a chat on either Weds or Thurs?

Please e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks

Alan

D

dcs1007

Hi Nathan

I have bought a plot of land in Gorna Vasilitsa, does anything ever happen around there.
Also do you know of any other nearby areas planned for golf courses

M

mariepat

mariepat

Hi Francky

I am a new member to the forum. My husband and I have bought one of the villas. I am just doing a bit of research for furniture. Can you let me know the name of the furniture company you mentioned ?

Many thanks

Helle everyone ,

It seems like a great club for Ibar development has formed here ! I'm in Semiramida Gardens , Borovets and hoping the same club will be formed for this development too ! Borovets prooving very popular , with the Super Borovets starting 8 October it will be rather interesting there :)

Anyway I have just found very good furnishing company that makes good discounts for 5 and more properties in one development ! If you group you can get quite a fair price :) Just a thought ! PM me if interested !

francky

btw who is the developer of Ibar , does anyone know ?

D

DwayneP

Surveyor Enquiry

Hello All,

I have just joined this forum and found your comments very helpful and interesting.
I have purchased a Ephrosina 2 bedroom apartment.

My question is in regards to a Surveyor. Can any of you recommend a quality/cheapish surveyor that I could use.
Is it definitley worth getting the surveyor to come twice - once to insepct and make up the snagging list and 2 to make sure the corrections were fixed.
Or is it just worth the surveyor coming once at the beginning and for myself to deal with Ibar and make sure the changes have been followed through with?

Woudl appreciate some advice on this issue greatly maybe with your own experiences.

Happy New Year! :)

D

deedee1

:)Hi dwayne,

And welcome to the forum!

If I were you Id employ them to carry out 2 inspections for you a before and after like youve said- It ll be worth it!!

Also there have been some issues regading finishes on propertoes anyway so Id pay someone to look at it for you as it would work out much cheaper than you having to travel back and forth yourself!!

I know thatas theres lots of contact information on the residents assocaiation webb site- its worth joining and theres an active forum on there also so you can discuss issues and meet others owners also!

I bought a 2 bed aswell in stage 1 which has just completed!

Take care speak soon-D :)

D

DC

Can any one tell me how many units total there will be on the golf course.

Breaking it down into apartments and villas.

Second the yearly fees (exclusive of cleaning, key holding etc) 1600 is that per apartment or villa, or 2000 if you use the course.

Also what level of finance do they do on the golf course? ie. Mortgages.

The location looks lovely.

What do people think of private versus public courses?

Will there be enough people to have shops, restaurants, bars etc, will there be enough to do, or do people go to the local town?

Status
Not open for further replies.