Getting turkish one year residency

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

azeem javed

Hi,
i am from Pakistan and i am buying property in Istanbul. i would like to know the followings:

A - can i purchase property on tourist visa?
B - can i get bank account easily on tourist visa?
C - when everything is good and payment made for property, how long i am getting the Tapu transfer to my name?
D - after getting Tapu can i apply within Turkey for one year resident visa or i have to apply from embassy in my country ? and if i apply within turkey can i get any extension on my 20 days tourist visa?
E- how long they take to issue one year visa?

please clarify

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi Azeem,

I am personally not an expert in buying property in Turkey but hopefully someone can respond with more precise information...

If not and as your questions are so specific and detailed I would ask a Turkish based lawyer if they can answer those for you? The answers are quite important for you so it's worth spending a little bit of money on the right due diligence to be sure the advice is accurate...

Here is also some further reading I found online which may help when buying property as a foreigner in Turkey:
http://www.mfa.gov.tr/guidance-for-foreigners.en.mfa

Either way make sure you do your due diligence and good luck in your venture!

H

H--T

AOA, Azeem,
Any updates on your residency visa. Kindly share as i am in the same boat as you were at that time.

G

Gamze

Hello,
I would like to answer the questionsof Azeem; answers are below

A - can i purchase property on tourist visa? YES, YOU CAN
B - can i get bank account easily on tourist visa? YES BUT YOU NEED TO STATE A VALID ADDRESS IN TURKEY AND APPLY TO GET A TAX NUMBER AND THEN YOU CAN OPEN A BANK ACCOUNT. YOU CAN USE A FRIEND'S OR YOUR REAL ESTATE AGENT'S ADDRESS TO APPLY FOR TAX OFFICE. ALL WILL TAKE 2-3 HOURS.
C - when everything is good and payment made for property, how long i am getting the Tapu transfer to my name? IT WILL TAKE 2-3 MONTHS TO GET THE TITLE DEED ON YOUR NAME BECAUSE OF A MILITARY SEARCH. HOWEVER DURING THIS TIME YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED TO HAVE FULL OWNERSHIP OF THE PROPERTY. MILITARY SEARCH IS A PROCEDURE APPLIED TO ALL FOREIGN BUYERS.
D - after getting Tapu can i apply within Turkey for one year resident visa or i have to apply from embassy in my country ? and if i apply within turkey can i get any extension on my 20 days tourist visa? AFTER YOU GET TAPU YOU CAN APPLY FOR 1 YERA RESIDENCY VISA EITHER BY APPOINTING A LAWYER IN TURKEY BY GIVING POWER OF ATTORNEY OR YOU CAN COME TO TURKEY AND APPLY YOURSELF. YES, YOU CAN GET THE EXTENSION ON YOUR TOURIST VISA.
E- how long they take to issue one year visa? IT DEPENDS ON THE INTENSITY OF APPLICANTS BUT USUALLY TAKES 20-25 BUSINESS DAYS. EVEN IF YOUR TOURIST VISA EXPIES DURING THAT TIME IT IS NOT A PROBLEM YOU CAN STILL STAY IN TURKEY AND WAIT FOR YOUR VISA ISSUED

Gamze

H

H--T

Thanks for your valuable input.
Does it matter the cost of property e.g if one buys property worth $ 150,000/- and other buys for lets say $20,000/-.
I want to purchase this property for holidays only so i would visit Turkey 3 to 4 times a year for maximum 10 to 15 days so would my residency visa be revoked.

H

H--T

@Gamze
I have read your reply but cant to find it on the forum lol..
Can you kindly give me your email so we can discuss further....

Status
Not open for further replies.