Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Getting turkish one year residency

Discussion in 'Turkey property' started by azeem javed, Dec 1, 2015.

1. azeem javed

azeem javed New Member

Hi,
    i am from Pakistan and i am buying property in Istanbul. i would like to know the followings:

A - can i purchase property on tourist visa?
    B - can i get bank account easily on tourist visa?
    C - when everything is good and payment made for property, how long i am getting the Tapu transfer to my name?
    D - after getting Tapu can i apply within Turkey for one year resident visa or i have to apply from embassy in my country ? and if i apply within turkey can i get any extension on my 20 days tourist visa?
    E- how long they take to issue one year visa?

please clarify

2. Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork Editor-in-Chief Staff Member Premium Member

Hi Azeem,

I am personally not an expert in buying property in Turkey but hopefully someone can respond with more precise information...

If not and as your questions are so specific and detailed I would ask a Turkish based lawyer if they can answer those for you? The answers are quite important for you so it's worth spending a little bit of money on the right due diligence to be sure the advice is accurate...

Here is also some further reading I found online which may help when buying property as a foreigner in Turkey:
    http://www.mfa.gov.tr/guidance-for-foreigners.en.mfa

Either way make sure you do your due diligence and good luck in your venture!

3. H--T

H--T New Member

AOA, Azeem,
    Any updates on your residency visa. Kindly share as i am in the same boat as you were at that time.

4. Gamze

Gamze New Member

Hello,
    I would like to answer the questionsof Azeem; answers are below

A - can i purchase property on tourist visa? YES, YOU CAN
    B - can i get bank account easily on tourist visa? YES BUT YOU NEED TO STATE A VALID ADDRESS IN TURKEY AND APPLY TO GET A TAX NUMBER AND THEN YOU CAN OPEN A BANK ACCOUNT. YOU CAN USE A FRIEND'S OR YOUR REAL ESTATE AGENT'S ADDRESS TO APPLY FOR TAX OFFICE. ALL WILL TAKE 2-3 HOURS.
    C - when everything is good and payment made for property, how long i am getting the Tapu transfer to my name? IT WILL TAKE 2-3 MONTHS TO GET THE TITLE DEED ON YOUR NAME BECAUSE OF A MILITARY SEARCH. HOWEVER DURING THIS TIME YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED TO HAVE FULL OWNERSHIP OF THE PROPERTY. MILITARY SEARCH IS A PROCEDURE APPLIED TO ALL FOREIGN BUYERS.
    D - after getting Tapu can i apply within Turkey for one year resident visa or i have to apply from embassy in my country ? and if i apply within turkey can i get any extension on my 20 days tourist visa? AFTER YOU GET TAPU YOU CAN APPLY FOR 1 YERA RESIDENCY VISA EITHER BY APPOINTING A LAWYER IN TURKEY BY GIVING POWER OF ATTORNEY OR YOU CAN COME TO TURKEY AND APPLY YOURSELF. YES, YOU CAN GET THE EXTENSION ON YOUR TOURIST VISA.
    E- how long they take to issue one year visa? IT DEPENDS ON THE INTENSITY OF APPLICANTS BUT USUALLY TAKES 20-25 BUSINESS DAYS. EVEN IF YOUR TOURIST VISA EXPIES DURING THAT TIME IT IS NOT A PROBLEM YOU CAN STILL STAY IN TURKEY AND WAIT FOR YOUR VISA ISSUED

Gamze

5. H--T

H--T New Member

Thanks for your valuable input.
    Does it matter the cost of property e.g if one buys property worth $ 150,000/- and other buys for lets say $20,000/-.
    I want to purchase this property for holidays only so i would visit Turkey 3 to 4 times a year for maximum 10 to 15 days so would my residency visa be revoked.

6. H--T

H--T New Member

@Gamze
    I have read your reply but cant to find it on the forum lol..
    Can you kindly give me your email so we can discuss further....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.